The best and easiest shopping list on the App Store, WITHOUT monthly subscriptions, WITHOUT recurring fees and WITHOUT advertisements. If you want (and it isn't mandatory), you can unlock advanced features with a single one-time in-app purchase.
WHY CHOOSE INTELLILIST?
● Browse hundreds of preloaded items, scan a barcode or insert your own items.
● For each item you can save all the prices you want and compare prices of various stores.
● Share and synchronize your lists on multiple devices by enabling the sync. Or send your lists via email, WhatsApp, SMS or iMessage.
● Add a photo to your items and never be confused about what to buy.
● Reuse archived lists, add items to your favorites and browse your purchase history.
● Organize items in aisles, and change aisles order to suit your local store.
● Archive your lists to reuse them and to see statistics about your purchases (for example you can identify cheaper and most expensive stores, overall and grouped by aisles).
● Insert the package size, see the price per unit and easily compare item packs.
● See how much money you can save or waste for each list.
● Identify on the fly items you're paying too much thanks to color pricing.
● Backup your data to avoid data loss.
● Customize IntelliList by choosing among 46 color templates, 22 different icons and 20 fonts.
● Use IntelliList on all your devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch): it’s an universal app.
USERS AND BLOGGERS SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT INTELLILIST
● 'Thanks to saved money I have already recovered the app cost' ∗∗∗∗∗
● 'I have been trying different apps to find a great shopping list, and now I've found it' ∗∗∗∗∗
● 'IntelliList is an uncluttered, well-organized shopping list that is surprisingly easy to navigate and use' (AppAdvice.com) ∗∗∗∗∗
● 'I don't see myself without this app' ∗∗∗∗∗
The base version lets you create or customize up to 30 items. To create or customize an unlimited number of items you can unlock a one time in-app purchase.
The matching between barcodes/photos and items is managed in a social way, through the community of IntelliList users. Inevitably, in the beginning only few barcodes/photo will be recognized. But the more people use IntelliList, the better IntelliList will get.
If you have problems or suggestions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (you can do this from within the app itself). We are not able to help you if you simply leave a comment on the App Store. We give the greatest importance to the quality and reliability of the application, and we will be happy to solve any problem.
● Entering, editing and deleting offer dates is much easier and faster.
● The selection of photos have been greatly improved.
● IntelliList requires iOS 14.0 or above.
● The Today Widget has been removed.
● A lot of minor bug fixes.
iOS 14 and barcode scanning: make sure iCloud Drive is enabled for the cellular network, otherwise when scanning a barcode IntelliList can't retrieve the item data and it seems stuck. To do this, open the "Settings" app (you have to open the "Settings" app, not the IntelliList settings), tap on the "Cellular" row and make sure the "iCloud Drive" option is enabled (that option is at the bottom of the screen).
If you like IntelliList and if you want to keep free updates coming please leave a review. It MEANS A LOT for me, really. Thank you! PS: if you have already left a review in the past you can repost or update it, and it will only take a moment.
Ratings and Reviews
I love IntelliList because I can create multiple shopping lists and I even put in lists by store. I call one my TODAY list if there are things I need to pick up today. When you put an item in your cart you can add the price so you keep track of your shopping expense. The list crosses it off the cart. And it keeps track by store. The only thing I would like to see added is a way to clear the list of things I have bought after check out but have a basic list remain. I like seeing things I buy regularly so I don't forget them like blueberries and strawberries for example. The way I know to do this is to delete the item. I have lists for Next Week, Family Events, Today, and by stores like Costco so I remember what I need when I go there. I also like the pictures of the item the app gives if you click the arrow to the right of the name like corn or coffee. And when you start another list and put in an item you've used before, the picture comes up. Big bonus, if you've gone overboard on spending, you can put some items back for next time!
Developer Response ,
You can do what you are asking for in at least three different ways:
1) you can archive your list at the end of the shopping trip. To archive a list tap the button with three little dots on the right of the list you want to archive and tap the "Archive" button. The next week you can reuse the list you archived: from the menu go to "Archived lists", tap the button with three little dots on the right of the archived list you want to reuse and tap the button "Reuse".
This is the recommended way: information about lists, items and stores is used for statistics. Also, information about archived lists is used to create an history of your purchases, and this allows you to browse your recurring and your latest purchases.
2) alternatively, you can simply remove all the items from the cart: open the list and tap the third button on the bottom toolbar, then tap the button "Remove all items from the cart". So the next week you can add again the items to the cart when you put them into your shopping bag/cart.
3) alternatively, you can move the items you want to remember to your "Next week" list: open the "Today" list and tap the button with three little dots on the right of the item you want to move, tap "Move" button and within the next window select the "Next week" list. Repeat these steps for each item you want to move.
Hope this helps.
I tried it out looking for a new grocery list app since my previous app was bought, changed and then killed. This app looked promising but I found it a little clunky. When I want to add an item, I type it in. When I click that item, I want to see it on my list so I know it’s there and then automatically go back to and clear my search bar. On this all you see is the items you select and you have to click back on the search field, delete your searched word every time after adding something.
Also, very disappointing, it only has “hundreds” of items? I was skeptical when I first saw that in the description. Should be thousands of preloaded items. It came to bite me when it didn’t have common like “Cajun seasoning”, “cream of chicken soup” “salad dressing” and it had pretzel in baking but not pretzels the snack. It seems like maybe They crowd source for items... except without a subscription you can only create up to 30 items? I’d blow through that in probably two trips. I even had to add a new aisle. There’s also a price feature with a “saved/wasted” counter on top, but no items had any prices. Maybe they want you to scan everything with barcode? If I had that item I wouldn’t need it now would i? I guess you get what you put into it but I want a polished app that’s ready for use easy right away. No thanks
Developer Response ,
it works as you said: if you tap an item it is added to the list. Items into the current list are marked with the tick on the checkbox on the left of the item.
previous versions of IntelliList had 7,000 preloaded items. But it was too much: a lot of users asked us for an empty database, or a way to delete preloaded items. Thousands of preloaded items are difficult to manage. Also, thousands of items are not enough too, because there are millions of items out there and thousands new are created every month. Should we add to IntelliList thousands of items every month you'll never buy? Obviously no, so IntelliList allows you to customize everything, and create all the items you need.
NO subscription at all:
sorry but where you read about a subscription? There are no subscriptions into IntelliList. You can try the base version for free, and if you like it you can unlock the ONE-TIME in-app purchase to customize an unlimited number of items. If you don't like it that's fine (people have different needs): just delete it from your device and you have not wasted a dime. Only to be clear: there are no subsciptions into IntelliList, only a one-time purchase (and it is not mandatory).
there are no preloaded prices, you have to add your prices for your stores. But, again, this is one of the strengths of IntelliList: you can customize it as you want.
Your lists can disappear
This could be a 5-star app in the paid version, except for the one "feature" that can delete everything. That feature is the way it synchronizes. As long as you are careful to sync changes on one device before accessing another device, it works great. It worked fine for a couple of years until.... the app mysteriously deleted all my lists. The synchronizing that the app uses even caused my older time machine backup to "lose" my lists, so I could not restore from a backup. If you only use this app on a single device, I highly recommend it, but it’s a bit chancy if you sync to more than one device.
Addendum to my earlier, above, review:
Everything was not lost. The synchronizing problem I mentioned only "lost" my lists, not the product data of items, photos, stores, prices, etc. My lists were easily recreated from the stored data. While I’m still wary of syncing across devices, after looking at other available list apps, Intellilist really is the best one. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is that I simply cannot understand the complexities of WiFi sync versus Dropbox backup. Intellilist support rates 10 stars.
Developer Response ,
Sync and backup are two different things with two different purposes. The sync is only used to transfer lists and items among two or more devices. To permanently save your data you need to export one or more backups.
Anyway, with the sync you can have a loss of your lists only (that is, specific groups of items). But all of your data is always available, and there is not a loss of items, prices, stores, aisles, favorites, ... Because your items are still there, you can create your lists again.
The sync works fine: the proof is that for two years the user had no problems. But you can always mess up your lists if you sync manually in the wrong order. We, and neither anyone else, cannot do anything about that. This is the reason we added also two methods (wifi and Dropbox) for saving and restoring backups on different devices (your computer or you Dropbox folder). So if you have one or more backups you can always restore your data and your lists.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mario Zullo
- 75.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Ameridea
- In-App Purchases
- 'Unlimited items' $5.99
- 'Dark themes' $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.