With the Intercept App, you can discover which of your friends or family will be at your next travel destination before your trip even begins! The Intercept App will send you a private message (either text or email) when someone you know will be at your travel or layover destination. We call this message telling you that someone you know will be at your next destination an “Intercept”. Here’s how it works: Simply provide the app with your contact instructions, and invite friends and family to join your Buddylist. Then when you plan a trip, just enter your destination details and the app will send you a private message if someone on your Buddylist will also be at your destination. All you have to do after that is make plans with your buddy to meet up if so desired. It’s simple, it’s private, and the app does all of the work.
• The app protects your privacy – it doesn’t post your travel plans for others to see, or notify everyone on your contact list of your plans
• The app is predictive. It gives you advance notice that a Buddy will be at your destination so that you have time to plan ahead to link up when you get there.
• The app only sends notifications between two people; you and the buddy that will be at your destination.
• If your buddy cancels their trip in the app, it will send you a private message telling you that they are no longer coming.
• For each trip, you can also select which buddies NOT to notify in case there is someone on your list that you DON’T want notified of your travels.
• If you cancel or change your travel plans in the app, it will send updated intercept information
"Intercept" was originally designed to help airline crews predict which of their friends they might encounter at their layover cities, or while traveling for work. Now, the app has been expanded to include tens of thousands of additional destinations so that anyone can use it to forecast which of their friends, family, or associates might be encountered at future events like trade shows, conventions, concerts, professional or collegiate sporting events, etc. In addition to the original US cities and airports, this release includes categories like:
Major Stadiums (college and pro)
Thousands of cities and airports outside the US
We've also added a function that allows you to define your future destination by using your device's map and placing a "pin" along with your arrival and departure times. If any of your approved contacts plan to be with within a predetermined proximity of your pin while you're there, the app will send you a private message so that you can plan to meet up with them if you choose.
Finally, we've added a short orientation for new users, and some embedded help functions inside the app to explain the new characteristics.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is brand new and has tons of potential; invite your friends to join with you so you can build your network and start making intercepts to avoid spending work travel meals and activities by yourself!
Long Awaited App!
An app like this has been long overdue. This app is well designed and incredibly intuitive. As word spreads and buddy groups grow this app will prove invaluable for those that want to stay connected while on the road. If you travel for a living this app is incredible. A must have! Get it and share with a friend.
The developer, MyIntercepts LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MyIntercepts LLC
- 50.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Intercept LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.