InterConneX is a file management and sharing application that allows you to store files on your iPad and exchange them with other apps, iPhones, iPads, computers (using ChronoAgent or SFTP) and even cloud storage services.
You begin by creating one or more Sharespaces on your device. These are "virtual hard drives" in which you can place as many document files as will fit. You can manage these files just like you would on a desktop computer - copy, move, delete, rename and organize them into a folder hierarchy. Sharespaces can remain private, where only you have access to their contents, or you can make them public, where other users with InterConneX can access them to exchange files back and forth. Document exchange works over WiFi networks or, optionally, Bluetooth for direct device-to-device transfers.
Basic File Management Capabilities:
- Folder Creation
- Group Creation
- Blank Document Creation (from Templates)
Additional Built-In Capabilities
- ZIP archive.
- ZIP extraction.
- Document preview via QuickLook.
- Direct printing.
- Email w/attachments (both ZIP'ed and standard).
- Direct download via URL.
Document Exchange Features
- Drag & drop files between applications.
- Edit documents in place using other applications.
- Transfer documents to other applications.
- Receive documents from other applications.
- Copy contents of files to the system pasteboard.
- Paste contents of the system pasteboard as files.
- Export media files to your Photos library.
- Import media files from your Photos library.
- Access sharespaces on other iPhones & iPads running InterConneX (via WiFi or Bluetooth).
- Access macOS computers which have ChronoAgent installed (via WiFi/Internet).
- Access macOS, Windows or Linux computers via SFTP (via WiFi/Internet).
- Access the Amazon S3, Backblaze B2 and Google Cloud Storage services (via WiFi/Internet).
- Most file management and document exchange features work with remote connections.
- Compatible with ChronoSync 4.4 (or later) for automated synchronization between sharespaces and macOS computers.
InterConneX is ready to go "out-of-the-box" with two sharespaces automatically created for you - one for local, private files and another for public file sharing. Additional sharespaces, both local and remote, can be created as needed.
Note: Creating more than three sharespaces requires an in-app purchase of the InterConneX Sharespace Extension.
Six tutorial-style documents are included and these will introduce you to the basic concepts and advanced capabilities that InterConneX has to offer. An InterConneX portal web page offers additional resources along with news and information. Lastly, our expert support team lays ready and waiting to assist you with any issues you may have as well as to help you get the most out of InterConneX - either by itself or in conjunction with ChronoAgent and ChronoSync.
• Added Amazon S3, Backblaze B2, Google Cloud Storage and SFTP sharespace types.
• Now offers slide-over and split-view multi-tasking support.
• Implemented drag & drop to move and copy items within and between sharespaces and/or other apps.
• User configurable document templates via the "New Document" command.
• Added the "Recents" menu and navigation options to the Document Provider extension.
• Icon and List view display larger thumbnails and more details per item.
• Command shortcuts when using an external keyboard.
• New icons for folders and various document types.
• Improved performance.
• Supports all the latest iPad hardware configurations.
Ratings and Reviews
I've looked all over for weeks for something that does what this does!
I've been looking for a long time for a way to share files between several Macs running different generations of MacOS and my iOS devices.
Unlike the previous reviewer I had no trouble at all setting Interconnex up on my iOS devices and interfacing them with my computer-based files once I installed ChronoAgent on my Macs.
Great little set of interconnection apps. And finally there is something like an actual file system for the iPad and iPhone.
I needed this and no one else provides this functionality. Lucky to have found it.
Rocksteady link between your Macs and iOS devices.
Simply the best way to access files on your Mac from an iOS device. Its principal virtue is the solid connection running ChronoAgent on the Mac provides. Never an issue with establishing a link and a solid steady result.
How do you use it???
This App completely baffles me. I use ChronoSync on two Macs for backing up and HD cloning purposes. I love that application. Super easy, straight forward to use, and very robust.
This morning I downloaded ChronoAgent to a Mac and this App, InterConnecX, to an iPad. After spending nearly 4 hours this morning trying to figure out how to install and use both, I finally gave up. The user manual instruction's completely baffle me.
Wish there was some sort of user forum to go to for support. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt with a one Star rating.
- Econ Technologies, Inc.
- 49.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Econ Technologies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Sharespace Extension $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.