The International SOS Assistance App is an essential tool for you to make the most of your membership with International SOS. It is available exclusively to members whose organization offers the app to their travelers and expatriates. With the Assistance App, travelers and expatriates have a world of capability in their hand as it is the only medical and travel security app that is integrated into our global assistance infrastructure. The app is now available in English, French, German, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
• Call for Assistance anytime– including before you even log in. You will reach your closest of our 26 Assistance Centres around the globe 24/7.
• Access mobile-friendly medical and travel security information and country guides to prepare before trips or expatriate assignments.
• Save up to 25 “favorite” countries for quick access to frequently traveled destinations
• Instant and interactive access to the latest medical and security alerts for your current location or next destination. Receive push notifications for those alerts right to your device.
• App will display your travel itineraries for members using International SOS’ TravelTracker solution - requires login via email.
• App works in airplane mode after your first successful login, read cached alerts while offline
Logging In & Personalization:
• Login via your corporate/organizational email address – no need to memorise membership numbers
• If you would rather login with your personal email address, you will simply be prompted to enter your membership number
• Create your Profile once logged in to ensure your opt-in mobile check-ins alert your company of your trip’s milestones.
• Your completed profile also allows you customized service when you call the Assistance Centre via the Assistance App.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great Service App needs work
GREAT SERVICE! Used their service when I was drugged and physically assaulted in Shanghai. These folks did OUTSTANDING jib of getting me to hospital and even called me when back in the US to see how I was doing.
Now the reason for 3 stars. The app needs a lot if work. It dies nit function as smoothly as most common apps. My biggest grip would be getting rid of alerts either once I read them or ones I don't want to see. I can not just swipe them to get rid of them.
Lots of information here just needs some work on the app.
This is a paid service?
This is not a review of the services provided should you call, this is a review of the App itself.
The App is cumbersome and has the feel of a first time developer. It is very rudimentary. The US State Department has more relevant information.
The “Physical Safety” travel warnings information presented is out of date. I would expect information to be color coded and presented in 4 categories: Current (what is happening); Recent History (what has happened within the past month); and Historical (what’s happened from 1 month to 5 years ago-in a condensed overview); then linked with US State Dept (and others) Travel Warnings.
For “Health Safety” here is no information provided via App for prophylactic advice to mitigate local health concerns. Appropriate links to US CDC, WHO, and others should be made easily accessible. There is no mention of the quality of locale health service capability, or location/contact information.
The only information provided via App for those “on the road” is a phone number to call, which in most cases is not a local country call, let alone a toll free number.
This App, if any indication of services provided, screams go elsewhere!
Does not work with personal travel policies
The app does not recognize membership numbers for personal travel insurance purchased directly from the International SOS website. Customer service contact to try to get it working is useless, providing clueless responses such as :”We don’t know who the account manager for this membership number is. Please reach out to the account manager or the person who provided you with this membership number “. This, after forwarding the automatic email confirmation of the purchase, complete with membership number, instructions to download the app and instructions for contacting the the tech support folks that then sent me the clueless reply above. Makes it a worthless app.
- International SOS Assistance, Inc.
- 114.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 International SOS Assistance
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.