• Internet Connection Checker is the best way to check your Internet connection.
• Often you see the Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G or LTE sign on your device, but you don't know whether your connection really works. The app will display you all the information you need to know.
• Check whether you are connected to the Internet or not.
• Check the connection type: Wi-Fi, mobile Internet or no connection.
• Check the speed of your connection. The current speed is constantly updated.
• No user interaction needed. The app checks everything automatically. As soon as your connection type changes, the app will recognize it and immediately display the new informations.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Introducing Internet Connection Checker 2.0
- Update for iPhone X and iOS 11
- New features
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good Real-Time Monitor; Some Issues
A nice, simple monitor that shows real-time internet connection speed. I needed something like this to troubleshoot a flakey internet connection. I noticed that when my internet connection dropped (AirPort showed a disconnect) this application showed 0 Mb/s rate but the screen was green and reported “Connected”. The screen should have turned red at this point.
I would request a feature to log and time-stamp a connection drop, in addition to correcting the issue I noted above. Otherwise, the real-time feature is very helpful.
Gives FALSE positives.
I’d like to request a refund. This app only PARTIALLY works. The app shows “connectivity” true enough, but ACTUAL connectivity to the internet is something else. I purposely blocked my iPad at the router so it doe not have connectivity to the internet, but, it still shows GREEN and even bandwidth passed. It SHOULD be red because no internet application works, because the iPad is blocked. As soon as I turn on the cellular (and turn off WiFi) on the iPad, the internet applications works again and the status turns green. I would also recommend changing the bandwidth to megabytes instead of megabits. That’s very misleading. Who uses megabits??? In conclusion, I want a refund because this app does not work as advertised entirely and if there is no ACTUAL internet access, then the app should be showing red.
Lets you know which signal it’s connected to and the speed. WiFi automatically takes priority over cellular (again, would be nice if there could be a WiFi-Cellular-Auto switch) but it’s a significant improvement.
This will be very helpful when I want to test to see if our WiFi is acting up.
Great work, developers!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. With the new update we solved all the problems you mentioned. The app now distinguishes between wifi and cellular data and always finds out, whether you are really connected to the internet or if only the wifi sign shows up, but there is no connection. The app also displays the speed of the connection. I think you will like the update.
The developer, Nicolas Schotten, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nicolas Schotten
- 1.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Nicolas Schotten
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.