Seconds is widely recognized as the best interval timer for HIIT & Tabata training for mobile devices. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
Non-paying users may create as many timers as they wish, but once an interval timer is started it may not be used again. Upgrading to the full version removes this restriction.
INTERVAL TIMER FEATURES:
• Large, full screen, color coded display that is easy to read from a distance. The display works in either landscape or portrait.
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata and circuit training. A custom template to create every interval. And the compound editor where you can combine many interval timers into one.
• Speaks your interval names so that you can follow a workout without seeing the screen at all. Seconds can even provide prior warning of the upcoming interval. Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
• Coordinate your music with your Tabata workout. Each interval can have its own music assigned allowing you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workout.
• Seconds runs in the background allowing you to either have your display off, or use other apps while the HIIT timer is active.
• Export and import. Share the Tabata timers with friends or download them from the web and install them in Seconds.
• Stopwatch that works in landscape and portrait, highlights best and worst lap times and syncs with Apple Watch.
• A quick access countdown timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch). Upgraded users may configure their own preset durations. Countdown syncs with Apple Watch.
• Seconds can use Apple Health to: save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.
• Added countdown screen for external displays
• Added custom message for half-way alerts
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app! Extremely versatile. I had this one complex circuit, and I was like, “how am I gonna be able to do this with this app”. I was thinking it’d be long and tedious and not even perfectly correct. I thought I was right, but then I discovered the compound timer and the ability to copy and past exercises!!! Just when I thought I’d reached the limit with this app, I discovered an awesome functionality that makes things sooo much easier. It’s such a cheap price to get the whole thing unlocked considering how amazingly versatile and easy to use this app is. Sooooo worth it. The only little issue I have with it is that sometimes the timer sound glitches. So for example, like sometimes when the time for rest is down to just 3 secs, it does the 3 second countdown (which is great cause it acts as a warning and gets you ready), but sometimes it’ll start glitching out so there might be one beep then no more until the times up then you get one irky prolonged beep. It’s just a minor issue that only happens sometimes with me, but it just throws me off a little in my workout. Of course, that’s just me. Other than that, Amazing app!!!! Totally recommend!
One of my favorite apps EVER
I know it’s super nerdy to list a timer app as one of my favorites ever, but this app is AMAZING. If there’s a paid version, get it! (I have had mine for so long, I think I was either grandfathered in, or I just ended up buying it when they upgraded it.) A few years ago I started experimenting with apps to help organize my life, and this one is surprisingly versatile. I use it in several ways: to schedule a full day of to-do’s where time management is crucial, for a short list of daunting tasks that are more manageable with time limits (pomodoro style), for multi-step mundane processes (brewing coffee, etc), for exercise intervals, yoga sequences, you name it. As a musician, it helps me organize my practice time. Also, the user interface LOOKS GREAT. It’s simple, but I love all the color coding and customization available. I have several timer apps and organizational apps, and this one is the most robust and customizable for time management. YAY, Seconds! Good job, developers! Thanks for making something so helpful!
Worth every penny for pro upgrade
This is an awesome interval app. So many features that may overwhelm you initially, but there’s a well laid out manual in the app. With a little bit of time and patience you’ll create custom intervals and alerts and tabata workouts. Now he’s even included a stopwatch feature! if interested, he’s even got a workout app called Heavyset that is also quality work for if you’re interested in logging your workouts.
I know he just implemented the stopwatch, but in the future it would be awesome to be able to save and log my lap times to track my progress (like in his heavyset app). I understand its not really the focus of this app, this is more of an hiit app, but I envious a track and field or swimming focused app where you can keep track of how your mile splits and lap splits improve over time. Would be an invaluable tool for coaches as well. I would buy it in a heartbeat from this dev.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Runloop Ltd
- 56.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.