iOCEAN is a 3D educational app developed to supplement high school oceanography. It is intended as a resource for students and provides a fun way to learn through interactive visualization.
- includes three areas of learning: the globe, the bookcase, and the fishing area.
- move towards the globe to activate it. The globe provides information on the world's oceans and seas. Click the oceans to see the information.
- move towards the bookcase to activate it. The book case provides access to the history of oceanography through various book selections. Click on the books to view and select from the menu.
- Move towards the dock to enter the fishing area. Move towards the first table to learn about salinity. As you pick up the salinity test device, raise it to the sky to learn more about the device and the test itself.
- go towards the second table and pick up the fishing rod to start fishing. the fishing area contains activities to learn. about salinity and salinity testing as well as clam shells and starfish. Follow the instructions to start the activity.
- the fishing activity allows you to fish for ocean life and learn about what you catch.
iOCEAN was developed through a partnership between the Creative Gaming and Simulation lab at Norfolk State University (NSU) and WHRO Education. It is made possible by an Enhancing Education Through Technology competitive grant from the Virginia Department of Education.
iOCEAN was developed by Norfolk State University project team:
Dr. Rasha Morsi, Bratislav (BaTo) Cvijetic, Cory Hornsby, and Michael Chase
WHRO Education project team:
Mitzi Fehl and Meagan Taylor-Booth
SOL content was developed by VA educators through WHRO Education.
Research was conducted at the Creative Gaming and Simulation Lab at NSU.
Web: http://cgs.nsu.edu; Contact: email@example.com and 757-823-0047
CREATIVE GAMING AND SIMULATION LAB BACKGROUND
The Creative Gaming and Simulation lab (CGS) is a 3700 sq. ft. facility housed in Marie V. McDemmond Center for Applied Research (MVMCAR) at Norfolk State University. CGS specializes in Modeling, Simulation, Visualization, and Training Technologies (MSV&TT) research and development in areas that include game-based and interactive web-based applications as well as interactive training solutions for education, industry, and government.
[iOCEAN is optimized for the iPad.]
Ratings and Reviews
I am in love with this app! :)
I love how easy it is to navigate through the environment in this app. The graphics are very crisp and the subtle touch with the ocean sound on the pier really adds realism to the gameplay. This app is a very educational and beautiful and I would highly recommend it. I would recomend VNurse lite also from this developer.
Nice educational app
This app is intended to be educational and fun. It is a 3D environment that allows kids to learn about oceanography with information they'd have to study for class. It makes the class material fun to read and learn. Nice app.
I love this game. It is awesome. I love the fishing in the game. This game is perfect for learning and education for children. This is a great game by NSU and CGS gaming and simulation. Special dedication to my mom who helped make this game and put it on the App Store.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.