Using the iP-PJ Transfer app on an iPhone 4 or any other compatible Apple product will enable the projection of various content stored on the aforementioned via the COOLPIX S1200pj. Until now, content that could be projected using an iPhone 4, etc. and the COOLPIX S1200pj was limited to slideshows and the streaming of YouTube™ content but the iP-PJ enables projection of a variety of content such as the following:
• Projection of individual photos
• Projection of thumbnail photos
2) Projection of websites being browsed within the iP-PJ Transfer
Search engines can be used for bookmarking websites.
3) Document files
Projection is enabled for document files such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Adobe PDF.
iPhone 4, etc. is used to store the content to be projected from the iP-PJ Transfer app.
Data that can be registered and managed on an iPhone is limited to JPEG (.jpg), PDF (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx), Excel (.xls/.xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt/.pptx), Keynote, Numbers, and Pages.
Document and JPEG files can also be transferred via iTunes to the iPhone 4, etc. from a computer.
For sending a large number of files, it is handy to transfer data to an iPhone 4, etc. via iTunes by connecting a computer and iPhone 4, etc. with a USB cable.
Document and JPEG files can be transferred wirelessly via Wi-Fi to iPhone 4, etc. from a computer.
PCs must be installed with Internet Explorer 8 or 9*, or Safari 5 for a Mac.
■ Notes on data transfer
• In order to perform wireless transfer of content from a computer via Wi-Fi, an iPhone 4, etc. installed with the app must be on the same network (LAN) as the computer.
■ JPEG compression
JPEG files that are larger than 1024 x 768 pixels in size will be compressed when transferring them from a computer to an iPhone.
■ Notes on document files
• Document display incompatibility: Owing to the differences in platform, font set and character size between Office for the Windows and Mac, documents such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint may project differently from what the user intended, or how the file displayed on the original computer screen.
■ Limitation on document file size: Document may display incorrectly or not display at all when the file exceeds a certain size limit. Displayable maximum size ranges are: 1 to 2 Mbytes for Excel and 6 to 7 Mbytes for other files; however the figures vary depending on the memory usage.
Notes:Images shown on this page are simulated.
Aspect ratio will change when displayed in thumbnails.
• Apple, Mac, iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, Safari, Keynote, Numbers, and Pages are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows and Internet Explorer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
• Wi-Fi is a registered mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Support for iOS 5
- Added a Q&A page in the help menu
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app...finally found the Belkin cable dock kit to use with this app...seems funny that Nikon sells a camera without the cable needed to run this app...I guess the cable was included with the camera when it was first release...the cable kit you need is made by Belkin F8Z361-NF. The app works great so far.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.