ipCam - Mobile IP Camera 4+
ipCam turns your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad into a Wi-Fi network IP camera.
- Stream images, video & audio to compatible applications including most web browsers and our iCamSource and iCamSource Pro apps.
- Select either the front or back camera.
- Turn the Flash on and off via the Web Interface.
- Adjust the image size, quality, and frame rate.
- Auto-rotate the image based on device orientation.
- Optional Date / Time image overlay.
- Optional 4:3 aspect ratio image crop.
- Digital Pan / Tilt the 4:3 cropped image.
- Optional Login & Password for additional security.
- Tapping the video preview toggles darkening the screen.
- Dynamic DNS support for DynDNS and No-IP users.
- Automatic Port Forwarding for routers that support UPnP or NAT-PMP.
Once ipCam is running you can connect to its Web Interface from most any modern web browser that is also connected to your local network by entering the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ URL located at the bottom of the screen.
The Web Interface gives you access to various image, video, and audio links in addition to the links that control the Flash and Pan / Tilt functionalities, when available.
Please visit http://skjm.com/ipcam/ for more information.
- Dark Mode support.
- Fixed an issue where the Dynamic DNS settings were not being saved correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well, but
Installation, configuration and usage is super straightforward. However the only thing missing is an option to use higher quality levels than 1920x1080. I know the camera on the newer phones is able to take 4K footage if only at a slow fps
Only one issue.
I sat down for hours trying to figure out the best way to set up my iPhone and iPad as wireless cameras for a twitch stream. I had heard of a couple of $5 apps, and was willing to pay to make this work. I found that every app I had come across was difficult. You had to install software on the computer, and it was really unreliable.. crashing, showing blank video, or locking up completely. Getting the stream set up each time would require loading up multiple programs, and resetting my scene. (Each of these apps only allowed one device)
I almost didn't jump in on this app because it was paid only. They should offer a free stamped/low quality version to try out.. but that's not the issue I had with it. This app is browser based, and because each device is given a link based off its IP, you can have multiple websites. You have a decent amount of settings you can play with for video feed quality, and once you set up your scene for the first time, all you have to do is launch the app on the devices and they automatically pulled up on the stream. Fantastic.
My issue: There is no way to lock or set orientation to landscape. If you tilt the phone sideways it will go to landscape, but if you try to set the phone flat, or even remotely close to flat, it will pop back to portrait. And there's nothing on the phone itself that shows whether it's portrait or landscape. I had to open the website and watch. I'm trying to do an overhead shot of a table, and this may not work for it if I can't figure this out or dev doesn't fix this issue. Maybe I can portrait lock it and see if I can manually turn the video feed in twitch 90 degrees.. that's another day I suppose.
Thanks for a great app.
Does not require any additional software on the browser. Flexible enough for any stream capture client. Exactly what I was looking for.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SKJM, LLC
- 11.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © SKJM, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.