iPieta contains Catholic documents, teachings, writings, prayers, and liturgical calendars, including:
• Bibles: Douay-Rheims, Clementine Vulgate (Catholic and public domain; note that Psalms are COMPLETE but numbered as in the Vulgate).
• Baltimore Catechisms #1-3 (original); the Cat. of Christian Doctrine, the Roman Catechism, and the Cat. of St. Thomas Aquinas.
• Both the Ordinary (Novus Ordo) and Extraordinary (Tridentine) Calendars with access to the day's Gospel and Reading(s) from the Douay-Rheims & Vulgate.
• Numerous devotions and prayers, including 33-Day Total Consecration Preparation, Novena to the Holy Spirit, St. Alphonsus Stations of the Cross, and the St. Bridget 1-Year and 12-Year Prayers.
• Spiritual works from authors including St. Louis Marie de Montfort, St. Teresa of Jesus, St. John of the Cross, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Thomas Aquinas (Summa and Catena), St. Francis deSales, and St. Jean-Marie Vianney.
• Papal Encyclicals and Conciliar Documents
• Fathers of the Church (Erdman's collection)
• Search, History, Bookmarks, Highlights.
• Multi-version display of some data like versions of the Bible and prayers in different languages.
• Free downloadable audio for many prayers, New Testament, and some works.
- Fixed startup bug
Ratings and Reviews
A profound blessing, of great measure...
I would wish to speak to anyone, who might be reading through these reviews, while considering the purchase of this app: DO NOT MISS THE AMAZINGLY GENEROUS AMOUNT OF MATERIAL, MADE AVAILABLE FOR US, BY THE DEVELOPERS OF THIS APPLICATION! After 30+ years as a Reformed Protestant, I have, for the last 10 months, been a student of the Doctrine and Teachings, of the Catholic Church. To my delight and surprise, the apps I've found for the iPhone, relating to that study, have provided a stunning amount of supplemental resources, in support of my RCIA process. To anyone who carries a desire, in their heart and mind, to have their Faith, better formed within them--do not hesitate to make the purchase of this app, towards that end. And may I say, to the developers, by means of your labor, you are contributing to the changes His Spirit makes, in the hearts of men. For it is only as Faith is formed, that freedom is won, hearts are lifted, and minds are made able to receive wisdom and understanding, leaving individuals, marriages, and families, forever changed. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for the contribution you have made to my journey of Faith. May Our Lord bless you, and your families.
Best Prayer Book Ever!!!
I used to buy the Pieta Book by the case to give out to friends and family and to leave in the church Narthex for other parishioners, but when I got poor, I had to stop that practice. This app is even better than the book!!! I have loved it for as long as it’s been available (and the Pieta Book for over a quarter century)!!! It may seem a tad expensive for an app, but I assure you it is well worth every penny!!! God willing I’ll get caught up financially someday and be able to distribute the book again. I promise you...this app is the best if you want a more prayerful life!!! Those who feel they’ve been overlooked by the Lord...try some of the prayers this app has to offer. I can honestly say I have seen the workings of Our Lord in my life as a result of the prayers in this app. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!!! Pay particular attention to the prayers of St Bridget and the promises attached!!!! May God Bless you all!!!
Put your faith in your pocket.
I never read the Bible but this app takes care of that by allowing you to make use of it wherever you are. I went to the app tonight while searching for comfort and understanding about my daughter who is suffering from severe depression. With this app, support of your faith is on demand. I should only use it more.
In this world where fewer people practice their faith and modern culture is influencing values, I believe the lord works in ways like this app to reach out to us. Never before has any kind of information been so accessible. There’s even an app called Mass Times which makes finding a church and mass easy wherever you are in the world!
As a side note, I am editing this review after writing the first paragraph over a year ago. When I looked up the app to send to my daughter, I had forgotten I wrote that review. It’s well over a year and many prayers later that I write this updated review with the blessed news that my daughter is doing well after deciding to seek help. When I learned that she is praying daily, I thought that I’d send her this app to help her.
Her recovery has strengthened my faith for which this app has been such a convenient help. With all my heart I believe my prayers have been answered and for that I am forever grateful.
The lord certainly works in mysterious ways!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the heart-warming review. Our small team does not check reviews enough; but this review brings much consolation. I will try to keep remembering the iPieta users in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass as well as ALL - and that really means ALL in the wonderful Mercy of God!!!! - who contribute in any way to make this kindness happen! And ALL souls!!! May all experience the mercy of our Lord!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 9.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 iVerbum