IGN Rated IQ boost an 8/10 "Impressive"
IQ boost is based on the Dual N Back exercise. The Dual N-Back task is the only mental activity that has been proven to improve your short-term memory and fluid intelligence. Read the Wired article http://archive.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/04/smart_software
- Improved game timing and scoring
- Audio only and visual only modes
- Bluetooth audio latency compensation
- Optional in game feedback
- Adjustable stimulus timing
- Detailed reporting of your progress as you improve.
Please email email@example.com or tweet @rantlab if you have any problems, suggestions, questions or you would like to report a bug.
Removed In App Purchase requirement for advanced levels.
Ratings and Reviews
Progress chart in particular makes this great. It would be neat to export your progress as a CSV, but that's my only feedback.
Better than the other N Back apps
I have bought every other N Back app. This one is my favorite, by far. I like the flexibility of offers to control the timing, in-game feedback, stimulus type, stats, etc. I love it. Just with there was a bit of a refresh on the UI to make it look a little newer, but that’s no big deal. Awesome app!
Update: Dear developer, you are so close! Just a few small changes and it’d be perfect! In rank order:
1) The time allowed to hit the “Audio” button should equal the time between stimuli. Currently it is shorter. Visual seems fine.
2) The visual real time feedback (green check or red X) would ideally appear in the square where the choice was made, not always in the center box. If that is too time consuming to program, then having it appear outside the grid altogether would be preferable to within the grid in the center square.
3) scoring formula. (Not a big deal for me, as the benefits come without tracking score).
I want to just say thank you to the developer. I appreciate the time and effort you put into creating it, and it has helped me tremendously. I’ve used this off and on for many years, probably since 2007 or so, and it has consistently improved my mental sharpness, with meaningful impact for my career and relationships. It’s the best use I’ve ever gotten out of ANY piece of software. I still use it for “tune ups” beginning a week or so before important meetings, job interviews, and so on. It helps me listen better, ask more relevant follow up questions, deduce, and perhaps retain more.
Thanks for your update a couple of years ago, which kept it working on the newer iOS versions, and added some handy user controls. (You were quickly responsive to feedback I and others gave at that time) Prior to that, I had some creative “work-arounds” to keep using it, such as relaunching it before each new round. Now it works great. Thank you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.