Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 51 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
- Fixed issue with drum breaks not working with uppercase "Break" text
- Fixed issue with drum breaks not working when multiple text snippets were added to a single measure
Ratings and Reviews
The versatility of iReal Pro
There’s no question that there are similar products on the market but the versatility of iReal Pro allows the practitioner of music or the producer the ability to not only create but continue to grow as a technician. I personally have found the app useful in production not being a keyboardist by training. Additionally, it is a great and useful tool to practice new material or theory by soloing over changes or melody as well as having a set list available to distribute to musicians in a band. and of all of the things listed what has not been mentioned is having this in your back pocket when impromptu performing when you don’t know a song you have a roadmap at your fingertips which is incredibly useful and I’ve used dozens of times whether it’s on a professional gig or just sitting in when I did not know the tune. The only drawback to this wonderful app is that it only allows rhythms on the one on the downbeat and nothing on the upbeat. There would be so much more possibility if you could have portal rhythmic phrasing on eighth notes or 16th notes instead of just on quarter notes. This is something that I as well as others perhaps have suggested however for whatever reason it is still not available. Other than that one area it’s an amazing product for the price and I find it highly useful.
One of the greatest practice coaches
I have been using this app for several years now. It’s useful for my drum practice, bass practice, vocal practice, songwriting. How one chooses to use this as a practice tool: the sky’s the limit! The online community is amazing. I can have friends come over and I mute their particular instrument along with mine.I am learning bass as my second instrument and this program is invaluable. I can slow down anything to a manageable Tempo so I can explore the chords deeper.
I can pick up even esoteric jazz and pop songs with the incredible online community. I do not need to be connected to the Internet to play downloadable songs with this software. I use it to also practice vocal exercises. It also exports charts to PDF which is fantastic if I want to play or share a chart with the actual song audio.
One of the best purchases I’ve ever made from my iPhone and iPad. They say Time magazine voted this One of the 50 best inventions of 2010. I say it’s still one of the 50 best inventions for musicians and it’s 2018. Thank you developers!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much Alfred for the kind words ;)
iReal Pro is totally awesome
As a rhythm section player and music teacher, I can say without hesitation that iReal Pro has improved my playing and flexibility. The ability to have the changes to any tune, in any key, instantly, eliminated the need to carry around multiple real books to play casual gigs. The ability to have a play along track for any chart is a game changer in that it allows better practice and to allows one to fuse theory with improvisation. The search function allows access to most common tunes even brand new ones (not always totally correct, but almost always better than nothing). If all else fails, iReal allows us to easily and intuitively make our own charts and share any chart or playlist right there on the gig (as long as there a cell signal) or via email or text beforehand. All this for half the price of a single real book. Best music tool ever.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Technimo LLC
- 75.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Technimo
- In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles Pack
- Pop Styles Pack
- Latin Styles Pack
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.