Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
New in 2020.7.1:
- Minor bug fixes
New in 2020.7:
- Updated Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3 and 3-2 styles
- Improve search with high quality results at the top
- Fixed Pop RnB Rhodes part going out of sync on long songs
- Change guitar part in Blues Lucille to play long notes with 4 chords per measure
- Fix issue with songs in 7/4 and 9/8 time signatures not playing a drum crash at the beginning of song sections
- Improved voicing selection for keyboard and guitar instruments to avoid really high and low registers
- Added small disclosure indicator in chord diagrams to help discover alternate options
- Improved support for AirTurn
- Fixed volume getting louder with distortions when adding reverb in the mixer
- Replaced song view background color picker with newer version
- Updated Piano, Guitar, Ukulele and Chord Scale Libraries with better scrolling and position indicators
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of the greatest practice coaches
I have been using this app for several years now. It’s useful for my drum practice, bass practice, vocal practice, songwriting. How one chooses to use this as a practice tool: the sky’s the limit! The online community is amazing. I can have friends come over and I mute their particular instrument along with mine.I am learning bass as my second instrument and this program is invaluable. I can slow down anything to a manageable Tempo so I can explore the chords deeper.
I can pick up even esoteric jazz and pop songs with the incredible online community. I do not need to be connected to the Internet to play downloadable songs with this software. I use it to also practice vocal exercises. It also exports charts to PDF which is fantastic if I want to play or share a chart with the actual song audio.
One of the best purchases I’ve ever made from my iPhone and iPad. They say Time magazine voted this One of the 50 best inventions of 2010. I say it’s still one of the 50 best inventions for musicians and it’s 2018. Thank you developers!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much Alfred for the kind words ;)
Made me money
I am a professional pianist and use to carry all my fake books to a gig. Now all I use is this app. All I need to do is remember the melody. Most of the time I have singer so it’s not a problem. One time some people from Brazil came in. They requested songs I never heard of. I asked them, “if I play the chords, can you sing the melody?” They said yes, so I showed them the Brazilian songs that I had downloaded. They sang, loved it and gave me $100 tip. I have many similar stories. There are so many books that users have uploaded. Most of them are checked by the developer. They are very good at “talking with you and helping or suggesting tips. Every professional musician that I know has this app. What’s even better is that I have separate Play Lists for each singer. Even if they all sing the same song, the play list has it in their key with their arrangement.
Man, I’ve never been particularly adept at the tech side of music although we all strive to improve. I admit it, as a composer/player I tend to be impatient! This app serves the purpose of the composer SO WELL. Have a melody and chord changes in my head! Bap! I lay it down, play with grooves, tempos, new harms. and bring the composition to fruition in know time flat! As a pianist, I merely deck the onboard cat and have the most AMAZING tool to craft a composition! Also, by running it around through all keys, newer added ideas seam to materialize! And although I know my theory, writing a lead sheet would deflate my immediate artistic enthusiasm! Hats Off to iRealPro! It’s a tool for the intermediate to the most advanced jazz musician. And what a practice aid! I insist any students I may take get it immediately!! It’s as valuable as the Real Book was in Boston almost 60 years ago, only 10 times more useful!!! Joe Delaney
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Technimo LLC
- 94.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Technimo
- In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles Pack
- Pop Styles Pack
- Latin Styles Pack
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.