Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 51 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
- New Stereo sampled piano sound
Ratings and Reviews
Great App except for lack of documentation
Well done. Super tool and super flexible. The single largest issue is when you admirably succeeded in maximizing how many chords can fit on a page, it overcame your otherwise wonderful intuitive user interface.
Also I am a beta tester on the iOS version.
There is need for some expanation about the relationship between where chord symbols are placed in a measure and when they sound. It appears there are many places where a symbol can be placed which will sound the same number of beats as spaces are ignored except when creating ambiguity. A bit of documentation would be helpful.
iReal Pro is a Musician's Best Friend!
iReal Pro is my hero!! What a treasured musical companion during the pandemic when I couldn’t get together with other players. Everything about your App is innovative and musical. And the backing tracks just keep getting better and better.
I met Massimo a few years back when he was playing at SOhO in Santa Barbara and he is such a nice guy. He and iReal Pro have contributed so much to players who need to feel connected to other parts of any ensemble. Kudos and Thank You! to Massimo and all of you.
Broken for me
Long time user. Went to open recently, it asked for my apple ID. Then just bobbed on the dock. Tried to force quit, appeared and dissapeared in the menu. app store told me to delete the app and reload. I did. losing the charts I’d made? Everytime I try to reload or open from app store, it asks for my ID, telling me it had been purchased on a different mac. Accepts my ID, then moments later
asks again. I tried all kinds of ways to get to administrator on the website, it won’t recognize or accept the email ( at least 10 yrs old) Won’t accept the user ID and password for the website that I just created. When I try to use the contact form and hit Submit button, it just sits there. Doesn’t point out an error, doesn’t tell me my message has been sent. I’m stranded, getting frustrated. That one star used to be 5. Hope it will be again
Developer Response ,
Are you still having issues Bill? Please contact us directly if Apple hasn't been able to resolve the issue as it sounds like a problem with the Apple ID.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Technimo LLC
- 83.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Technimo LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Blues style backing tracks $4.99
- Chord Scales $0.00
- Guitar Chords $0.00
- Piano Chords $0.00
- Extra Jazz Styles $0.00
- Salsa Style Pack $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.