Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 51 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and even more styles are available as in-app purchases
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
- Added options in the Player menu to change the Transposing Instrument with keyboard shortcuts
- Moved commonly used song chart settings to the Aa menu in the toolbar
- The song chart color now follows the app theme settings
- The editor now works in dark mode
- Swapped the behavior of the Space bar to toggle Play/Stop and '.' to toggle Pause
Ratings and Reviews
This app is awesome for any player of any level
Having the ability to play with other people is an essential skill for a musician and this gives you all the practice you need.
It doesn't matter what instrument you play or sing you can play along with this, mute instruments you don't want and put any of the songs in different styles to really stretch your ability and imagination.
You can change keys each time around to really level up your ability.
I have every one of my piano students on this app too and I've seen their ability and enjoyment of playing increase rapidly. Forget metronomes! Pick any song and style, mute everything but the drums and suddently scales are fun!
Can't say enough good things. Just do it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the nice review! Enjoy your practice!
Great App except for lack of documentation
Well done. Super tool and super flexible. The single largest issue is when you admirably succeeded in maximizing how many chords can fit on a page, it overcame your otherwise wonderful intuitive user interface.
Also I am a beta tester on the iOS version.
There is need for some expanation about the relationship between where chord symbols are placed in a measure and when they sound. It appears there are many places where a symbol can be placed which will sound the same number of beats as spaces are ignored except when creating ambiguity. A bit of documentation would be helpful.
A metronome with attitude!
We all grew up with the Seth Thomas metronome and then migrated to a digital metronome and, for many of us, Band in a Box. Ireal Pro is the best of them all. Many song lists are available on the forum and it is not too difficult to build your own changes. And now, instead of a click, you get a rhythm section playing chords behind your practice. With the pandemic Ireal Pro was a definite bonus when playing in online sessions. As the old commercial says, "Try it, you'll like it!"
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Technimo LLC
- 83 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Technimo LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Blues style backing tracks $4.99
- Salsa style backing tracks $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.