Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
Minor bug fix
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is superb piece of software at an incredibly reasonable price. I use it daily. My improvisational skills have grown because of it. That’s not just my judgment. The people I play with want to know what I’m taking. I tell them iRealPro in daily doses. My interactions with customer support are among the best I have ever experienced. My contact is with someone called Niki. I don’t know if Niki is male, female or robot. But, boy, is Niki helpful! If you want to be a better player, I can think of no better place to start.
Broken for me
Long time user. Went to open recently, it asked for my apple ID. Then just bobbed on the dock. Tried to force quit, appeared and dissapeared in the menu. app store told me to delete the app and reload. I did. losing the charts I’d made? Everytime I try to reload or open from app store, it asks for my ID, telling me it had been purchased on a different mac. Accepts my ID, then moments later
asks again. I tried all kinds of ways to get to administrator on the website, it won’t recognize or accept the email ( at least 10 yrs old) Won’t accept the user ID and password for the website that I just created. When I try to use the contact form and hit Submit button, it just sits there. Doesn’t point out an error, doesn’t tell me my message has been sent. I’m stranded, getting frustrated. That one star used to be 5. Hope it will be again
Developer Response ,
Are you still having issues Bill? Please contact us directly if Apple hasn't been able to resolve the issue as it sounds like a problem with the Apple ID.
Very good, could be great, excellent tech support
As a long time Band-in-a-Box (BIAB) user, I was hesitant to switch over to iReal Pro but the convenience of using my iPhone as a practice tool instead of a computer at the piano (BIAB is PC only) won me over.
Understand, iReal Pro is no BIAB. BIAB outputs phenomenally good audio quality and allows for extreme flexibility that is capable of creating musically sophisticated backing tracks that are indistinguishable from the real thing (actual musicians, which is what BIAB uses). It does not run on any mobile device, however, which is a fatal flaw these days.
If iReal Pro can improve the audio quality, add sophistication to it’s arranging capabilities (and also a professional UI upgrade would help too) then they would own the play along app market.
Sorry if I sound like I am being harsh but I really want see the developers of iReal Pro make this into a killer app. I’d be happy to pay for the upgrades as in-app purchases to keep the revenue flowing and the development ongoing.
Niki is awesome- answered me on a holiday.
Please take this app to the next level!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Technimo LLC
- 49.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Technimo LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Blues style backing tracks $3.99
- Chord Scales
- Guitar Chords
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.