Train yourself anywhere! Play immediately. Play Repeatedly.
With iRunTrains, you're just seconds away from fun. It's fun for any age and perfect for enthusiasts and novices alike! Play immediately; play repeatedly. A real 3D simulator! Watch and run multiple trains from any position or ride them like the engineer!
Apple-featured "New and Noteworthy"
**We're celebrating 9 years on the App Store. Thanks for all your support!!**
See more screenshots and video at http://onomaly.com/iRunTrains.html
You'll love iRunTrain's fun and innovative features. It's the most original train simulator!
- No big setup or learning curve; drive the trains immediately
- You control 'em with intuitive train controls
- Run multiple trains on each layout
- Track switching; switch the tracks just in time!
- Variable speed train throttle
- Ride the trains and keep an eye on your caboose!
- 6 Awesome dynamic views to watch your trains
- Seaside setting with loading dock
- Full touch-gesture viewing and control
- Pinch to zoom; Tap sides to pan; Drag to change view angle
- No points, scoring, or end game; just enjoy the rails
- 2 Free, awesome track layouts!
- in-App purchase unlocks all larger, multi-level tracks
- 3D rails and track bed
- Add your photo to the billboard
- Pushbutton train selector
- Moving traction bars!
- Turn switch control box
- Multifunction view selector and status display
- Help overlay for controls
- Choose your terrain colors and textures
- Engine sounds
- Track sounds
- Bells and Whistles
- Pitch and volume based on proximity and speed
Manual and Dynamic Views
- Chase the train in a helicopter (with sounds!)
- Ride the train engine or ride the caboose and more
- Can you survive Turnout City without a collision?
- View info guides
Physics n' more
- Train acceleration/deceleration
- Collision & Derailment detection
- Rising tide and shimmering waves
- Movings clouds
Control the trains! Run 'em. Ride 'em. Chase 'em. Bump 'em. Park 'em!
Thanks for helping us make iRunTrains a success!
Also check out our version for the iPhone!
Follow us on Twitter: @iRunTrains
also Follow us on Twitter: @onomaly
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Bug fixes (e.g. billboard photo selector, speed indicators)
Full iOS 11 support
Ratings and Reviews
Nice on iPad
Very decent sim. Good graphics. Has a bit of a learning curve to understand controls which are smooth but sluggish. Icons are a bit cryptic . “Lite” version is free and I couldn’t find a better value even with its limitations. Unfortunately, like real model layouts, this gets boring with time. Nothing to do but roll down the track and avoid collisions. Would be better with some “objectives”. That being said, it’s still a very fun app and a good way to spend time without enduring stress of smashing, shooting, destroying and otherwise being killed.
Good for main lines, wish it had yard spotting
This is a fun app to run trains, learn about switch control, etc. I see each update adds more, much of what the users are asking for. There are two app features I would be willing to pay for:
1) Lay your own track, or import a track into the app' and
2) ability to drop off and pick up rolling stock. I realize there is a max consist size, but it would be nice to be able to drop off the loads at various industries or yards, then pick then up later.
Great, but have some requests...
This is a terrific app and should be lots of fun for RR'ers. The developers did a really good job.
I would give it 5 stars if :
-- You made all the layouts *brighter* ! They are far too dark and gloomy, and sometimes even hard to see.
-- Mark the trains somehow, so you could know which is which. (Right now, you can tell only by changing the speed or by squinting at the locomotive type, either of which is hard to see.)
The developer, Onomaly LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Onomaly LLC
- 121.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008 - 2019 Onomaly Extraterrestrial Software/Code-Puppy Software
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Tracks $2.99