Record hand-hygiene observations more efficiently!
Failure to perform proper hand hygiene is one of the leading preventable causes of healthcare-associated infections. iScrub Lite is an application for healthcare professionals who wish to monitor hand-hygiene compliance without the time-consuming and error-prone use of clipboards and transcription. Use iScrub Lite to record observations annotated with time, location and job role. Transferring data from iScrub Lite is as easy as clicking "Email Observations".
* an intuitive interface that allows observers to quickly capture information about hand-hygiene opportunities.
* iScrub Lite is customizable. You can edit the default lists of locations, job types, and observation notes to suit your institution's needs.
* defaults to recording In Room / Out of Room opportunities, but also has a setting to enable observing the World Health Organization's 5 Moments of Hand Hygiene.
* knows what personal protective equipment is necessary for contact, droplet, and airborne isolation conditions.
* keeps a copy of the last 5 sets of observation data and can resend the corresponding emails.
* exports a spreadsheet compatible with popular spreadsheet applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, or OpenOffice.org Calc) whether you are on a Mac or PC.
* record facility name and latitude longitude coordinates of observations.
We're always looking to improve our application. Please e-mail email@example.com with any specific requirements that your institution would find useful.
iScrub is brought to you by SwipeSense, a pioneer of electronic hand hygiene monitoring technologies.
Good news - we will be hosting our first annual iScrub User Group Event at APIC 2018. Register via the app by June 13th, 2018!
Ratings and Reviews
No longer works
App worked great until last month. Now it will not let me email my observations so I can then upload them to our data base where I work.
Great app and works well
A previous reviewer gave it one star because nothing happens when you do the final step to ‘click Record observation’.
That’s because you DON’T click on that field. To confirm, you tap on the green arrow and slide it to the right.
Once you’ve done that, the observation is recorded and the app goes back to record another observation.
Love it SO MUCH we now need an updated version!
We use this hand hygiene auditing tool throughout my hospital! In fact, each unit has purchased their own iTouch in order to use this very app! It's extremely easy to use, and it allows us to collect accurate data and streamline it to the right people. We love it so much, we're already looking for a more advanced and improved version.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.