iSEQUENCES is an educational app for children with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome that enables them to practice 100 (10 in this Lite version) different sequences about everyday situations, such as:
- Autonomous habits like brushing their teeth, washing their hands, getting dressed or going to bed
- Fun activities like going to the beach, to the movies or do sports
- Every day situations like falling down, taking the bus, going the doctor, buying bread or getting wet in the rain
- Emotions like happiness, sadness, surprise or fear
All this is taught by the character Tatus and his friends.
***** WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING *****
- Overall, I think this app is great for making sequencing cards fun and motivating – Speech Time Fun
- The concept of the app is simple enough but the six cheerful cartoon characters used in the sequencing pictures make the presentation fun and engaging for children – The iPhone Mum
***** FEATURES *****
- 100 exercises that introduce a situation to children and they are asked to guess what will happen next
- 60 exercises that display social situations and the children are asked to say how they think the characters in the situation feel
- New options that are highly configurable to better adapt the app to each child
- Selection of the exercises either manual or automatic by level of difficulty and type of exercises
- No ads inside of the app
***** WHO IT IS FOR*****
iSEQUENCES can be used both as a support tool for therapy and at home as an entertainment
***** WHO WE ARE *****
The Planeta Imaginario Foundation is an early intervention centre for children and teenagers with Autism/ASD that operates throughout Spain and in some other European cities.
New configuration options:
- Display sequence description before or after sorting it.
- Define a customized interval for inactivity sound alarm, or deactivate it.
- Display always prize image when pressing a button or don't display it.
- Establish time between the end of the sequence and the following one.
- When dropping an image out of its destination, the image can automatically return to its position or stay where it is.
- Modified and improved assistance within the emotions game.
- Added assistance within the sorting game.
New added language: German.
Some glitches fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
app was cute but not working anymore.
Very cute and helpful app but latest update seems to have broken it.
Good, but room for improvement.
I decided to try the lite version of this app before spending money on the full version. I really do like the pictures and it adds an additional step by asking what happens next, etc. However, there are several components of this app that will have to be fixed before I purchase the paid version. First of all, I do not like the excessive celebration, for lack of a better word, after each correct response. I would like the ability to turn this part off for my students who are easily distracted. Second, I would like to be able to stay on a scene set after the student puts them in the correct order. I want to talk about the scenes and have the student retell the order, but once the correct choice is made the scene is changed to a new one. Overall, I hope a few changes can be made because I think this app could be great!
We found this app for our autistic daughter. Her summer school teacher said she needed to work on this skill. She loves the colorful pictures and the reinforcers. Will look at buying the full app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.