No other iPhone guitar comes even close.
"High end technology for peanuts. Don't know how they do it. Stellar guitar app." - jjw14 (5 stars)
"If you buy nothing else, buy this one. I'd give it 10 stars if I could!" - Jacksondale (5 stars)
"Of all the guitar apps available on the App Store, Frontier Design’s iShred is my favorite." - MacWorld
"Jaw dropping superb app.can't live without it. Addicted & hooked : )" - fazali160677 (5 stars)
"By the first strum, you realize that iShred is a virtual guitar like no other - it is in fact the tool for ultimate guitar supremacy on an MP4 player scale." - TouchMyApps
iShred starts with a set of high-fidelity guitar samples, then feeds them through eight exciting effects pedals and an overdriven amp simulator. Whether you want a clean trebly surf sound, a spacey rock lead, or an all-out metal assault, iShred delivers the goods. The sonic line-up includes these virtual stomp-boxes:
• Hot Fuzz: Get buzzed with an electrifying distortion
• Wahsabi: Tilt your iPhone to control this wah pedal!
• Sybil: Dual chorus pedal to hear your evil twin
• HK-2000 Delay: For fat slap sound or huge echo
• Kömpressör: Power chords just beg for it
• Adrenaline: Treble Booster for that extra shot
• Q-36 Space Modulator: Multi-pattern modulation
• Trembler: Get a healthy dose of Tremolo
iShred provides a playing interface that's both powerful and easy to learn. Create your songs from a huge library of over 2000 built-in chords, scales, and fret positions, by assigning them to the two rows of buttons at the top of the screen. The buttons give you immediate access to all the chords and scales you need for a song, and let you easily switch between strumming chords and playing melodies.
• High quality, professionally mastered guitar samples
• Eight stomp-box effects and an amp simulator
• Notes never "drop out" due to limited sample length
• Adjust tuning to match recordings, other instruments
• Slide finger between buttons for fast chord transitions
• Shortcuts for fast song editing and button reordering
• Support for the left-handed guitarist
• Record performances with optional metronome
• Play along with recordings, even use different sound
• Speed up or slow down performance after recording
• Send songs to computer via iTunes file sharing
• A jukebox of shared songs from around the world
• Share your performances and be rated by other guitarists
• Download songs and performances from other players
• Check out the AirPlay charts: http://fdgm.us/AirPlay
PLAY WITH MUSIC
• Built in music player
• Play along with iPod library or imported tracks
• Setup a loop for practicing a song section
• Easily create and save your own custom chords
• Strumming position controls loudness of chords
• Chords are easily reordered for fast access
• 21 scales, available in 12 keys, let you play melodies
• "Advanced moves": hammer-on's, pull-off's, and slides
• User-selectable string labels
SONGS & PLAYLISTS
• Combinations of chords & scales can be saved as songs
• Songs can now have multiple pages of buttons
• Add FX buttons to switch effect setups on the fly!
• Songs can be edited, renamed, deleted
• Backup songs to the network
Looking to add iShred's audible awesomeness to your REAL GUITAR? Pick up our free app, iShred LIVE! http://fdgm.us/iShredLIVE
fixed an issue where tuning could change improperly
Ratings and Reviews
Take time to learn the user interface (UI). Plenty of things you can do to make good music on this instrument! Worth the buy for guitar emulation enthusiasts. The soloing interface makes sense, but take the necessary time needed if you don’t get it right away. Use the help section.
Fantastic update update
The airshare has brought this app to a whole new level.... It was fun before but it is truly wonderful now. The effects are incredibly fun to fiddle with... I have most all the guitar apps and this is probably my favorite - beyond the fun factor, it is actually a really useful songwriting tool. I can write songs anywhere now, then pick up my real guitar when I get home.
My sole gripe is that the sound quality of the guitar really could be much better- it's a little on the wonky sounding side. Higher quality sound would put this waaaaaay over the top. This is a must-have for sure though, it's worth every penny.
Update: I have upgraded app to 5 stars! The addition of the backing tracks and file exports just put this one on my Best App list. Tested it out this morning, and I am absolutely amazed at how well it works and how fun it makes this app. I've been recording beats in Beatmaker (Intua) then exporting those files to Garageband and assembling songs. Then I just upload to iShred and I'm in business - SO MUCH FUN!!!! Thank you, developer :)
Won't open my music to play along with now
I used to love this app but you need to make it BlueTooth able so as to play it over a Bluetooth speaker and not hard wired out!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.