Monitor California ISO power grid conditions, prices and renewable production, receive alerts and track calendar events with this free mobile application. ISO Today brings the world of energy data and news to your fingertips.
• View grid status and available capacity measured against the current demand and the forecasted peak.
• View breakdown of supply and renewables serving the ISO.
• Monitor emissions.
• View wholesale energy prices on the redesigned price map. Use the slider to easily filter out nodes based on Location Marginal Prices (LMP).
• Compare demand and net demand plus historic data, from 4/10/2018 forward.
• Users can continue to receive Flex Alerts to notify them when conservation is needed, get energy system notifications, along with ability to add ISO meetings and events to their calendar.
About the California ISO:
As the nonprofit public-benefit company ensuring reliability for most of California’s and a portion of Nevada’s high-voltage power grid, the California Independent System Operator (ISO) is helping advance a smarter, cleaner, and more reliable energy future. The ISO operates the West’s only competitive energy market that balances supply with demand and has a key role in achieving clean energy goals. For more information about California ISO, visit www.caiso.com.
- Moved "batteries" out of renewables graphs and into supply graphs to align with Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS).
- Changed "Renewables serving load" to "Renewables serving demand" to be consistent.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very cool! One suggestion...
I think this app is so cool as an everyday energy nerd and day job campus energy manager who’s interested in system demand. One functionality I’d like to see is a graph where you can see today’s demand & net demand compared to this day last year, or the past week’s average, or both, or some other similar historical comparison. I like the “yesterdays renewables report” but it would be nice to have that data available more than just one day (ie through what I mentioned before).
Fantastic update! The app previously was marginally informative, but this update allows the user to access a great, great deal more data. The interface is both intuitive and efficient. Great job!
Want to be a good Californian but had to delete this app as the notification function is broken.
I received numerous maintenance alerts in the middle of the night (luckily I didn’t see them as I have “do not disturb” scheduled at night). I went to the app to turn off that function so that I only received flex alerts - but the badge number on the app didn’t go away, and the alerts kept coming. I force quit the app and restarted - still the same problem.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- California Independent System Operator Corporation
- 40.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 California Independent System Operator
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.