THIS APP ONLY WORKS WITH THE BOOK iSOLAR SYSTEM
Voyage through our solar system with this fantastic Augmented Reality book and FREE app!
If you’ve got the iSolar System book, download this FREE Augmented Reality app to see planets, moons and spaceships spring up from the page into 3D life.
•Drive the Mars Rover around your floor!
•See the entire solar system laid out in space, orbiting around our majestic sun
•Fly a survey plane across the arid surface of Mars
•Watch a lunar elevator carrying people and cargo along a cable that stretches from Earth to the Moon!
•Look around a future moon base
Move your device around the animation to see an entire 360-degree view, and experiment with pinch, swipe and zoom to focus on different parts of the image. The Mars Rover is completely driveable, with touch screen commands to steer it and fire at rocks to sample their chemical content. In the Solar System animation, you can focus in on each planet and change the speed of their rotation using toolbar buttons.
You can even take a picture of yourself in the middle of the action – with planets orbiting your head, or the Mars Rover climbing your lap!
How it works:
To activate the AR animations, look for the blue Augmented Reality boxes in the pages of the iSolar System book. When you see the box, launch the app, point your device’s camera at the book spread and watch the planets spring to life!
This FREE app is available to anyone with a compatible iPhone/iTouch/iPad with a camera.
IPAD AIR USER: We are working on an update, this will take a few weeks for Apple Approval. The App will be better than before with many new improvements.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Fixed a bug on the Solar System AR Event
- Minor Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really neat, but is finicky.
Works fairly well once it recognizes that the page of the book is one that supports augmented reality. It's cool that you can move the iPhone/iPad around and see different views of the object. It really looks three dimensional. There are a few issues, however.
1. You need exactly the right lighting on the page of the book to get the app to show the Augmented reality. The book notes this but I found it hard to achieve. I couldn't get some of the AR pages to display.
2. The controls for controlling movement of an object are hard to activate, especially for a child. You can't just touch the button, but must "pull" it up or down or left or right.
3. If you move the iPhone/iPad in certain directions, the AR goes away and you need to start over. Sometimes, I had to restart the app.
First of all why do we even need a book to play this game? It’s really stupid if you ask me.
The developer, Red Frog Digital Limited, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Red Frog Digital Limited
- 154.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Carlton Books Limited 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.