Spot the International Space Station with accurate, detailed overhead pass predictions for your exact location using GPS. Track the ISS in real-time. Tweet the crew and learn about the crew members with bios and stats. View spectacular HD video of Earth streamed live from the Space Station with soundtrack. Additionally, download and save images from NASA's Landsat 8 database corresponding to the exact area below the ISS. ISS Real-Time Tracker is the only app that gives you all this!
• Get accurate and detailed upcoming visible pass information for your current location.
• Download Landsat 8 images from NASA's database corresponding to the precise area below the ISS and save them to your photos.
• Live HD video streaming from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS.
• Tracks position of the ISS in real time on an interactive map of Earth.
• Reports current ISS crew members with their key data and bios.
• Tweet crew members and view their feeds from space.
• When adding a pass to your calendar, alerts will be set for 1 hour before and again at 20 minutes before the start of the pass.
• Optional music soundtrack while tracking.
• Info overlay shows current ISS position in degrees, minutes, & seconds along with its altitude and velocity.
• Zoom control (map scaling) allows you to zoom in/out in each of 4 ranges from fine to large.
• Tracking update interval (from 1-6 secs) is automatically set for you, based on map scale.
• Tap any overhead pass to create an event in your calendar.
• Choose from 3 position marker styles.
• All user settings and zoom slider position are automatically saved between uses.
• Squashed some tiny little critters.
• Under-the-hood changes.
Ratings and Reviews
Works exactly as described, no glitches here. Good info, great views. The live video feed works well when it’s over daylight, when it’s over night naturally it’s dark. Using pre-available satellite images when available as an alternate is a nice idea. In a future release it might be useful to be able to zoom out a bit further to give a more inclusive view of the ISS location. I’ve found the data accurate.
Developer Response ,
Great feedback! Thank you!
Very interesting, fun, app, for a very senior shut-in.
I am a disabled 86-yr old whose practical “universe” is circumscribed by the walls of my rather small home. Being a life-long space buff, “orbiting” the Earth, via the ISS, gives me hours of amusement and intellectual stimulation both of which are essential for me. The narrow minds apparently reflected by some of the site’s negative reviews are to be pitied.
Don’t go by negative reviews
This is a well made and useful app, a few quirks with the UI, but if you want to track the ISS, see what it is seeing, and plan future viewings.
There are issues with map positioning especially if I drag my finger around to move the map underneath the station. I recommend this is disabled and always keep the ISS centered in the display, zoom in/out is ok. Also, plot the ISS path to show on map where it is/will be tracking over.
Developer Response ,
Great feedback. Thanks!!!
- Michael Stebel
- 30.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2019 Michael Stebel Consulting, LLC. All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.