‘Mirai Japanese’ is a unique and widely acclaimed app that will teach you Japanese using a highly effective tutor-based approach. Try the first 20 lessons for free!
Previous customer reviews:
“This is by far one of my favorite apps.”
“Awesome!!! This app is really helpful & extremely easy to understand.”
“I love using this app to learn Japanese!”
“Brilliant!!! Extremely easy and intuitive to use!”
Featured by Apple several times on the App Store in the Education category.
‘Mirai Japanese’ is the premier tutor-based language app course on the App Store. Starting at beginner level, this app course contains many hours of full audio tutoring.
Unlike most other Japanese language apps which just have lists of vocabulary or flashcards, this app actually teaches you the basics of Japanese — grammar, pronunciation, the writing system, and the usage of words — using an effective and clear methodology which you will thoroughly enjoy! There is simply no better way of learning Japanese!
‘Mirai Japanese’ contains:
* already 160 lessons and growing
* clear visual and audio tutoring
* two native Japanese narrators (male and female)
* detailed grammar explanations in English
* text moves in sync with audio to help you learn
* hundreds of pictures to help you remember words
* kana chart with all ‘hiragana’ and ‘katakana’
* animated stroke order diagrams for all kana and kanji
* functionality for you to practice drawing kana on screen
* flashcards for all words covered
* fun quizzes for each lesson to check your progress
* search function for all words in the course
* create your own vocabulary lists easily
Each lesson builds on what was learned in previous lessons, enabling you to make gradual and consistent progress. Everything is explained in great detail, giving you confidence and mastery of the material.
Starting at absolute beginner level, this great app will take subscribers to the course all the way to fluency!
This app is based on the very best in language learning methodology. Over a million language learners are using Mirai apps.
After trying the first 20 lessons (that is, 4 chapters) of the Mirai Japanese course for free, you can elect to subscribe to the ongoing course.
* If you already previously purchased ‘iStart Japanese’, you will be able to download the first 50 lessons (that is, 10 chapters) without subscription.
The subscription to Mirai Japanese enables you to download all the existing lessons plus additional new lessons that are published every month.
These additional lessons continue the language course. The course and the subscription to it is ongoing in nature, taking you from beginner level to advanced and beyond.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and will clearly identify the cost of the renewal.
* You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* Note that you will not be able to cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
There is no other app like this on the App Store!
Download this great app now!
Produced by Mirai:
“Changing the way people learn languages.”
Try our other tutor-based language app:
• Mirai Spanish
© 2009-2017, Mirai LLP
Welcome to Mirai Japanese 8.0 (iOS 11 Edition)!
Download this update for improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
I've studied Japanese through many apps, but this one has to be the most useful one I've found yet. In less than a day you can begin forming simple Japanese sentences! They slowly build upon the previous lessons until you can form larger sentences and understand how the grammar works. Best of all, there are NO ADS! *big sigh of relief*
However if you want to fluently know the kana as well as speech, I would recommend a different app. This one is best for learning speech alone, as they only briefly cover kana in each lesson.
The only problem I have is the prices for subscribing. $10 every month is well beyond my non-existent budget. I would pay $1 every month, or $1 for a chapter unlock... Maybe I'm just a cheapskate hehe.
Great app, but
I really like the layout and other people’s reviews but however, the downside is, the person who had made this app Is not making new lessons since I think the other guy had said 2014? And the app owner replied more lessons are production and will be coming out soon. This is 2019! How much longer they will keep us waiting? What’s keeping Tom? If Tom the one who made this app? I had emailed and sent the email to them but no reply, I had saw they’ve read it but no reply. Weird. Also their dictionary app had been gone from the App Store. Where are you why you did not finish making lessons for us? How much longer I have to wait for. The Olympic Games will be next year in Japan, that’s what you told us and your goal is to have us be fluent.
Please tell me exact date when you put more lessons and read my email. Thank you. I. Do like this app though
Brilliant app BUT ...
The way this app is structured is very smart. Only two suggestions:
1) The PAUSE button on the top right corner is not the best thing ever. I would suggest to add a pause option on double-tap or something similar. Many times I found myself trying to formulate the correct translation of an English sentence, before the two Japanese guys did. Being able to stop the playback right away from the main window would be a great add.
2) The subscription is too freaking expensive! And I've even read somewhere that the lessons are not frequently updated as promised. I would pay something per chapter, but $10 a month is just too much, no matter how good the app is.
Please reduce the price (or better, make it a one-time payment!) and I'll subscribe/buy it immediately.
- Mirai LLP
- 282.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-17 Mirai Japanese, Mirai LLP
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription $2.99
- Mirai Japanese Subscription $9.99
- Mirai Japanese Subscription $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.