iStory - Interactive Storytelling in Augmented Reality
For years, bedtime stories have been every kid’s favorite memory. With the sun getting back to its horizon, the sky turning dark, every child would lookout their doors, waiting for their mother to come and tell them a story. However, such interactions were purely based on imagination and the child could only visualize the story vicariously.
The onset of augmented reality seems to be a table turner with the evolution of something that we call AR Story Books
The VisionLab Innovation present iStory AR Story Book reader for children, in which your kid plays the main part.
iStory eBook reader supports both Normal eBooks (PDF/ePub) and AR eBooks stories
How AR Story Book Work?
Imagine reading Jungle Book and see Baaghera appear right in front of you. Fascinating, right? It would give a different kind of experience, probably more efficient. But have you ever wondered how these apps work?
It is pretty simple, as soon as users open the AR Story Book, they would need to scan any flat surface area(floor/table) , align the marker and tap “Done” button. That’s it . now 3D character of Mowgli climbing the treetop appears on the front. As the scenes change (tap next/previous button on the bottom navigation bar) and have a visually rich experience. Users can also interact by touching the treetop or pushing Baaghera to see how they react. you can resize the entire scene to your living room size
To make it even cooler, we've added beautiful melodies and wonderful 3D characters to help you raise your child by giving him or her only positive examples.
Features of the app:
1. Support 3D AR Stories
2. Support ePub/PDF eBooks
3. Augmented reality feature
4. Story audio listening feature
5. Resize,Scale 3D object
6. Video record in AR View
7. Take a snap in AR View
8. Store listing
9. Profile edit
10. Favourite listing
11. MyLibrary page
12. Signup/Login Account
How to use AR Story books:
1. Open the app
2. Identify the AR story book - AR logo will be appears in book cover page
3. Select any AR story book
4. Tap "View files" button
5. Read the instruction and tap "Open" button
5. Then automatically mobile camera will be opened
6. Select a clear ground floor like home floor or a clear garden
7. Target your camera in to the floor
8. Place the alignment marker and tap "Done" button
10. Now you can see your augmented reality base story in the real world
- AR View loading issue fixed (second time loading issue)
- Audio issue fixed
- Video record performance improved
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Swaminathan A
- 118.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2020 iStory