**** As featured by Apple in “Apps for Designers”, and more recently in “Create a Design Masterpiece” ****
Desktop Publishing for Mac. A powerful, intuitive page layout application, perfect for anything you want to design and print.
iStudio Publisher makes it easy to create stunning, professional quality documents, including newsletters, brochures, adverts, flyers, booklets, invitations, menus, reports, posters, greetings cards, and yearbooks. Start with a professionally designed template or a custom sized blank document.
Anyone can master iStudio Publisher quickly, regardless of age or experience.
New to desktop publishing and page layout? Our video tutorials and Rapid Start Guide will get you up and running within minutes.
Experienced? You'll love iStudio Publisher’s sophisticated features, such as writing text along any path, text flow linking, two-page spread editing, booklet making, drag and drop page duplication and reordering, tools for complex shape construction, and comprehensive built-in help.
The user interface places everything in easy reach, so you spend more time creating and less time finding elusive features. It has all the tools you need to design great looking documents, whether for professional artwork or school homework projects. Comprehensive Inspectors hold everything to manage your layout and to format shapes, text and images.
The result is an uncluttered desktop that’s a pleasure to use, with more space for getting the job done.
**** Questions or need support? We offer free tech support via email at email@example.com ****
iStudio Publisher has all the features you'd expect from a layout package:
• Shape size and alignment
• Stroke style, color fill and image fill
• Character and paragraph styling
• Text columns
• Text wrapping
• Support for Apple dictation
• Quick Look document preview
• Tabbed document windows
It also has some great sophisticated features:
• Master pages
• Custom page sizes
• Font sizes up to 9999 pt
• Contextual info bar showing all key modifier combinations
• Keystroke constraints for shape editing
• Comprehensive hyperlink support
• Page duplication and reordering
• Separate thumbnails window – drag and drop document organisation
• True spread editing – place content across the fold
• Automatic page numbering
• Bleed and crop marks
• Export documents as PDF booklets and readers spreads
• Flow text between shapes and lines, across pages and spreads
• Multiple document views, with independent zoom and view settings
• Working space at the side of document pages, which isn't printed
• Smooth pan and zoom up to 10,000%
• Text in any shape, at any angle
• Text along any line or curve
• Powerful control over shape corners
• Set multiple shape properties simultaneously
• Insert multiple plain text, RTF and media files (image/PDF/AI) simultaneously
• Adjustable snap grid
• Independently set opacity for stroke, fill, image and text
• Text inset for any shape
• Multiple text columns in any shape
• Sophisticated text inset and outset – smooth contours around complex shapes
• Rulers that auto scale and auto label
• Text View mode
• Live preview mode
• Auto save
• Show baselines, text glyph outlines and text wrap runarounds
• Stretch text horizontally and vertically
Tools to help you design:
• Comprehensive Shape Library
• Powerful Head Up Display shape creation
• Reshaping Tool – edit any shape's nodes and curves
Powerful image manipulation and cropping:
• Change DPI
• Comprehensive scaling and fitting options
• Align, flip and rotate images within shapes
• Image tiling – create a repeating pattern from a single image
Compatibility and sharing:
• Insert plain text, RTF and a wide range of media types, including: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PSD, PDF, EPS and AI
• Export PDF, booklet PDF, PDF with readers spreads, EPUB and RTF files
iStudio Publisher does not include support for Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input.
Fixed: Incorrect text display on screen when text shadow and font changes combine.
Fixed: Occasional crash on document close.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
iStudio Publisher exceptional! Better than Adobe. . .
I’ve been a desktop publishing user for 25 years. From Adobe Pagemaker to InDesign. InDesign is comprehensive and difficult to use, not user friendly. Also it costs a bundle! iStudio Publisher is an awesome product, it does everything and more that anyone could want in desktop publishing. It is quick and intuitive. Have you used the technical support? It is AMAZING. I email and within 24 hours, usually sooner, I get these comprehensive responses (from Andy). Every. Single. Time. And I’ve been using it for over 2 years. They even remember who I am!? I know, right?
I recently asked a question and in the response Andy said they were, in fact, incorporating that aspect into the newer version. . . . and he included current ways to do what I wanted to do. Support is for the lifetime of the product, I guess!
I highly recommend this, as a long time Adobe desktop product user, buy this instead, you will be happy and your bank account will be too!
Developer Response ,
Thanks Meg! We really appreciate your review and are always happy to help.
UPgrading my Review
I am another one who cut my DTP teeth on PageMaker, and I had a brief but passing relationship with InDesign, before it became too expensive for home use. Before I retired in 2002 I worked more than a decade in desktop publishing of technical reports for the US government. Since I retired I have done the editing and layout for a couple of author friends and have now been producing an 8-page monthly newsletter for a local organization for almost a decade. I have to say I COULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT iSTUDIO!
Even after all this time using iStudio, however, there ARE still some things that I miss from the old programs. Years ago I complained about the primitive TAB STOP controls - I would really love to be able to set tabs at irregular intervals and to set the alignment for left, right, or center. Someone actually responded to that issue saying they might be addressing the issue “soon.” I am still waiting.
As I go along with the program, old habits want to allow me to designate paragraph styles so that I can set a look for one area and, with a click, copy the character and paragraph features of one designated style to different paragraphs.
But you know what? Aside from those two, in my opinion - I won’t say “minor” but they are very survivable complaints, I do love the program - enough to upgrade my rating from three stars to four.
It would be worth 5 stars with better tab controls and paragraph style definition.
Easy to Use — Does What’s Needed
I’ve been using this app for years as a replacement for Adobe products. It’s easy and can be manipulated well, and honestly some features work better than its more expensive counterpart. Are you going to paint a masterpiece as you would in illustrator? No. Can you make an easy and smooth vector without pulling your hair out over overly intense settings? YEP! I honestly like using it better than the Adobe products I’ve used previously for ease and speed of use without too many options. Only downsides are that not many people have it/have access to it if you are sharing design files and it only exports into PDFs, which you then have to convert to alternative graphic files. Otherwise, does everything I need and more.
Developer Response ,
Many thanks Beth and great to hear you like iStudio! Anyone with a Mac can download a 30-day free trial of iStudio from our website, and even after the trial expires this can still be used to open and view iStudio documents shared by others.
- iStudio Software Limited
- 24.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 iStudio Software Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Bundle Deal - get all three!
- Speed Boost (Image & PDF)
- Dark Mode Support
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.