Inject subtitle tracks, chapter markers and metadata into your movies and TV-shows. The perfect companion app for your iTunes library and all your Apple devices, like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV and Mac.
iSubtitle takes full advantage of Apple's soft subtitle technology. The subtitle tracks are resolution independent and rendered in real-time as you watch the movie. Subtitles are always displayed at the best quality your device can perform. There are support for multiple languages in the same movie file and you can even switch language on the fly as you watch. The export and metadata tagging is fully automated so you don't need to tweak a lot of parameters to get your movie into iTunes with beautiful tagging and artwork.
- Add soft, non-destructive subtitle tracks, that won't change or alter the original movie.
- Subtitles can be turned on/off using the interface of the device or application.
- Complete support for multiple languages in the same file.
- Perfect integration with your iTunes library or the TV app on macOS Catalina.
- Supports all Apple devices like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Mac.
- Supports encoding in AVC, aka H.264 and HEVC, aka H.265.
- Supports pass through for H.264 and H.265 video tracks and AC3 and AAC audio tracks, ie no encoding needed = fast!
- Supports all major subtitle file formats like SubRip (.srt), SubViewer 1 & 2 (.sub), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass), Spruce (.stl), iTunes Timed Text (.itt) and WebVTT (.vtt).
- Matroska subtitles, like ssa/ass and srt, are automatically converted to soft subtitle tracks on import.
- Sync individual subtitle tracks in real-time using the time offset stepper.
- Automatic and manual metadata tagging.
- Create chapter markers automatically or manually.
- Batch re-encode movies within the application to support your target device or application.
- Smart export will only re-encode your movie if really needed for it to play on your device.
- Save inline directly to the source file if it's already in a compatible mp4/m4v format.
- Watch subtitled movies in fullscreen without leaving the application.
- Works like a charm with Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra and Sierra.
• Please use the Feedback feature in the app if you are having issues and I will get back to you!
NOTE! iSubtitle cannot add subtitles to movies or tv-shows purchased or rented in the iTunes store due to DRM protection.
NOTE! iSubtitle is not a subtitle file authoring application.
- Fixed "(null) was exported successfully" in the Notification center.
- Dutch subtitles are now Dutch and not English upon successful export.
- Various "under the hood" improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I use this app all the time, and it's wonderful - so easy to use, so easy to search for subtitles - highly recommended! And the developer is very responsive to inquiries.... I can't say enough good things about iSubtitle, get it!, you won't be disappointed!
Because I have hearing-impared friends who like obscure films, I do a lot of subtitle downloading and always-necessary repair in both timing and, too often, translation or just plain misunderstood words. I’ve used several subtitle apps, including “professional” ones, but always come back to iSubtitle. Version 3 is sleek and elegant, has excellent export capabilities and is simple and user-friendly. The only caveat is that instead of the earlier version’s manual Search for subtitles the only choice is Submarine, and too many times that app hasn’t found titles that a manual hunt would uncover.
But back to the pluses - when I had a minor problem with this version, the developer found it, fixed it, updated and uploaded the app within a day. That’s what clinched the final star.
Developer Response ,
Thank yo so much David for your nice review! So glad to hear that you enjoy my app that I put so much time and energy into. Makes me motivated to continue updating it and keeping it fresh. Thx 🙏
Last Version was better
Just bought this hoping it would funtion similar to the previous version. Wrong.... I like the pull down for Genre, which seems to be missing. Now we are stuck with whatever is put on there or manually type it in to match years of using the old genre pull down.
Developer Response ,
Haha, so you give my app a one-star review because the genre pull down changed ;-) Very helpful for others... NOT!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bitfield AB
- 25.5 MB
- Photo & Video
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2019 Bitfield AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.