iSyn Poly is an electronic music studio for use with Apple iPad. iSyn Poly places an unbelievable number of features including three studio-quality, fully programmable virtual analog synthesizers and a drum machine packed in just three different screens on your iPad !
Each synthesizer is a full-featured analog modeling synth with three oscillators, a classic 24 db/oct ladder-style lowpass filter, independent filter and amp envelope generators, and full modulation routings. With our 10+ years of experience with analog simulations you can expect some serious sound easily covering all those fat frequencies so prevalent in modern production.
iSyn Poly also includes a sample playback-based drum machine with seventeen kits, each containing eight samples. Drum samples include 808, 909, modular synth drums and numerous 80's drum machines. Volume, pan and decay time are individually adjustable and pitches are tunable over a wide range for crazy effects.
The full fledged sequencer let you arrange complete songs and can record the notes and controller movements of your performance. The unique gesture oriented user interface makes it ideal for live editing of notes and automations.
With the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit you can use a CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard to control iSyn Poly.
iSyn Poly is developed by VirSyn with content from audioMIDI.com.
Three Independent Synthesizers
One polyphonic synth with eight voices and two monophonic synths with:
• Three oscillators with sawtooth, pulse, triangle and sine waves.
Modulations routings: LFO->pitch, filter ADSR->cutoff, LFO->pulse width.
• White/Pink noise generator.
• Classic 24 dB/oct ladder-style lowpass filter with drive parameter.
Modulations routings: LFO->Cutoff, Filter ADSR->Cutoff.
• Amp section includes distortion with drive, asymmetry and crusher.
• Control matrix allows real time control of five parameters using the X/Y touch pad, the modulation wheel and the tilt sensors of the iPad.
• Arpeggiator for automated sequences.
• 64 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Eight simultaneous instruments arranged into eight user-selectable drum kits.
• Editor page allows tuning, panning, level and decay time for individual instruments.
• iSyn Poly features one global effects unit with phaser, flanger, chorus and stereo/cross delay.
• Play melodies live with onscreen keyboard/drum pads. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• Optionally use CoreMIDI compatible hardware keyboard.
Full featured Sequencer
• Four track sequencer with piano roll and automation editor.
• Real time recording with quantize function and metronome.
• Arrange your songs with variable length patterns. Move and copy/paste patterns.
• Recording and playback of X/Y Pad movements, mod wheel, pitch bend and key velocity.
• Full set of editing functions with unlimited undo.
• Manage unlimited number of songs.
• Render song or patterns to audio and midi files.
• Audio pasteboard.
• Audiobus 2 support (requires iOS 7 or newer).
• Exchange songs and user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Audiobus state saving
- Bugfix 64-bit version
Ratings and Reviews
This is old but good, with 3 separate units to jam together with. The drum machine is just the normal ones but the synths can be clean and analog sounding.
Good, but some bugs
I've been playing with this all weekend. I mostly write house, but lately I've been giving dubstep some love. For a musical sketch pad/live performance tool, this app has been pretty solid in terms of sound. My main gripe is that it's a bit buggy, changing patches on the poly for example, seemed to affect the sound on the mono, leaving the app for awhile, seemed to cause it to freeze, and editing in the sequencer on occasion caused the app to crash. This is all on a new iPad2.
I imagine that VirSyn will get these issues worked out. They're a solid company, with some pro apps to their credit, so I'm hoping an update will cure these blues.
Some additional features I'd like to see are an additional lfo (plus more lfo routing options), the ability to apply swing/shuffle to patterns (something I've not seen in other apps), and a simple mixer for all the modules. I want the iPad to do live performance, I don't expect it to replace a laptop, but having the ability to quickly drop in loops, mute/solo parts would be a real boon.
The sound is great, the modulation is great, the editing is good, the stability needs some work. Overall, fun, but needs some work.
I used to use Virsyn's Tera and loved it so I instantly picked this one up on the company name. The first build was really quite buggy. This new update has really improved the quality and stability. The sounds are actually quite nice especially in the bass sounds. The sequencing and editing is 100% better than the initial release. Nice job!
The developer, VirSyn, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- VirSyn Software Synthesizer
- 20.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.