Network scanner and diagnostic utilities for users of all skill levels. Ping, traceroute, whois, discover devices on your network, detect various types of problems and more!
Includes high speed WiFi network device discovery, able to find devices on your local network other tools miss. Standard network diagnostic tools such as ping, traceroute, DNS lookup, and whois are also provided.
WiFi Network Scanner
Discover all the machines running on your network.
• Supports IPv6 scanning via broadcast addresses
• All Bonjour/mDNS services, including all extra data stored in the TXT record.
• All UPnP devices, including sub-devices and services.
• Discover devices using NetBIOS. This helps a lot on networks with many Windows machines.
Provides details of the network hops to the destination host. Optimized to determine the network path extremely quickly, often in less then 5 seconds. Once the path is determined, it proceeds to continuously ping each hop to provide additional statistics and alternate paths, similar to tools like PathPing and MTR.
• Visualize traceroute geolocation data on the map
• Configurable start and max TTL, interval and payload size
• Choose which interface to use
• Lists all hostnames that respond to each hop
• View the AS Numbers associated with each hop
• Detects when an IP address is entered, and looks up the reverse PTR record
• Use the current system DNS server, or supply your own
• Choose from 50 supported DNS record types, including A, AAAA, CNAME, LOC, MX, NS, SRV, TXT
• Request DNSSEC records
• Optionally query using EDNS, including the NSID option.
• View LOC and GPOS records on a map
• Force DNS lookup over TCP to diagnose DNS server issues
• View the full DNS response, with headers and the question, answer, authority and additional sections
• Lookup internationalized domain names (IDN)
• Configurable TTL, Payload size, and interval
• Choose which interface to use
• Optionally keep the screen from going to sleep for very long ping sessions
• Optional audible sound on errors or when responses arrive
• Ping results can be graphed in real time to easily see response time spikes
• Lookup details about hosts, IP addresses, and more
• Auto detects the whois server based on the query, or use a custom server
• Route statistics updated in real time
• Very useful for diagnosing WiFi and VPN configuration issues
• All network interfaces on your device
• Network statistics updated in real time
• Current WiFi and WWAN IP Address
• WiFi SSID and BSSID
Lots of bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Getting better and better!
Overall, this is a pretty handy tool box for IT professionals. Nothing really fancy, but that's not what's necessary. Just having some of the basic tools in an easy-to-find location is what you need 99% of the time.
There's really only one thing that keeps me from giving it five stars: incomplete VoiceOver support. Actually, this app does a better job than most, and that's where the problem lies. I get started using it with VoiceOver, and then some of the results are unavailable to me. That's completely frustrating.
Overall, this app is a worthwhile tool to have on your iOS device if you are an IT professional. If the developers just cleaning up slightly, and fix the VoiceOver support, it's a definite five-star!
Functional Tool for Network Geeks
Provides very simple, functional tools for network troubleshooting. Great to quickly check reported issues when away from my desk at work.
All functions work well and work quickly. It would be even better if it supported Dark Mode.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.