The #1 Free Italian English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ Enhancements for iPad ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“I downloaded a number of apps to help me learn and translate Italian. This was the one I ended up relying on.”
“Super fun and easy. Useful, versatile, convenient, thorough, and mobile...what more can you ask for?”
“Fantastic! Great app & easy to use. Offline feature crucial & distinctive from other translate apps.”
“Student. Very helpful for homework, like this app!”
“Superb. I have many paid language apps and this one trumps all. Verb tables, notes and best of all, searchable dictionary. Love to see the paid version.”
Italian Translator Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. Italian Translator Dictionary + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive Italian Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download Italian Translator Dictionary + now and start learning Italian or English today!
- Italian English Dictionary with over 505,000 offline entries for free, over 743,000 with Premium.
- Sentence Translator (requires internet). Star favorites to view offline.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of Italian nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,658 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in Italian & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in Italian or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- Enhancements for iPad including Split Screen with Drag & Drop.
- Apple Watch support with voice lookup.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary.
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium subscription users.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email email@example.com
If you appreciate free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great reference
I use this app everyday. I am learning Italian and I use this app constantly. It is a very simple to use dictionary and I love the ability to look up verb conjugations so easily. The only thing I wish they would add is the ability to browse words by jumping to a specific letter of the alphabet. Sometimes I don’t want to look up a specific word, but instead just browse through the dictionary. To do that you have to start with A and just scroll through - not particularly useful. Overall 5 stars I us this app many times a day. I can’t imagine learning Italian without it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review. -Liam
I love this App! Made our lives easy in Italy
This Italian English Dictionary was the perfect thing. When my wife and I went to Florence we lived by it. The phrases tool is really nice to have. From simple directions, to ordering, hotels and greetings and live pronunciation we actually started to fit in:) The quizzes are easy to use as well. We had a lot of fun on the train learning our Italia. A must have app. New version has more examples which is nice. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your wonderful review! Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
Italian Verb conjugations
A few verbs are not conjugated for some reason. E.g. racchiudere, to enclose. If there is a reason it would be really helpful to say why. Also, it would be very useful to explain the difference in usage for verbs meaning the same thing. E. g. Divide: dividere & separate; put: mettere & porre; become: divenire & diventare , and many more.
This is a very, very good application and I hope my suggestions can help improve it even more so.
Developer Response ,
- Ascendo Inc.
- 42.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ascendo Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Extended Dictionary $4.99
- Extended Phrase Book $2.99
- Extended Verb Conjugator $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.