iThoughts is a mindmapping tool for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Mac and Windows versions also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
Not sure if iThoughts is right for you? Try the free iThoughts2go app first.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Things (Task Management App)
• iCloud Calendar/Reminders
• iOS Document Picker (to enable iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive access)
• Dark Mode
• Drag and Drop
• Full page screenshots
• Multitasking (side by side windows)
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachments
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
• iOS handwriting to text (scribble) support
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Boundaries / Groups
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons and 90 clipart images.
• Over 30 background canvas patterns (with option to import more.)
• 14 system 'Map Styles' (with option to import more.)
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Multiple topic selection
• Search and Replace text within topics and notes.
• Filter topics (text, date etc)
• External bluetooth keyboard support.
• External Projector support
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps (integrated with TouchID and FaceID)
• Outline View
• Topic Summaries
• Conditional Formatting
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
• Conditional Formatting
• None in this release
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good, potential to be Superb!
I have been using this app as my go to mind mapping tool, but there's only one reason I keep looking to see if anyone else can come up with that one outstanding feature that would make it perfect for the iPad Pro ... the ability to handwrite using Pencil instead of having to type the node contents. I made this suggestion to the developer over a year ago, nothing yet.
The app that comes closest to providing this capability is IdeaBoost, but it lacks the mapping structure of mind maps. Someone else made a similar suggestion to the developers at SimpleMind and it appears they may be working on it. It's surprising no one has come up with this feature yet to leverage the iPad Pro with Pencil. MindManager had this capability available nearly 15 years ago on the Windows platform, way back when we called them Slates.
Hope to see this feature soon, so I can rate it a superb 5++
iOS file system enablement — Great
I have used iThoughts for many years. It has been my go-to app whenever I need to organize my thoughts on decisions to be made, gathering thoughts for writing, planning a to-do checklist, etc. The integration of the app to the iOS file system has enabled additional productivity with use of online cloud storage such as OneDrive in providing automatic syncing, availability of file across platforms (Windows, iOS), and version history backups. I now use iThoughts on my Windows Surface PC using files created and edited on my iPad.
I have however experienced some quirks with using the file system within the iThoughts iOS apps itself. I found that it is better to do file management with the online app itself. For example, to move iThoughts files from one directory to another, i would do it within the OneDrive app.
I’m very happy
I’ve had iThoughts on my iPad and on my desktop for more than a year now. I wanted a robust mind mapping program that worked seamlessly across my devices and that had a quick learning curve. I had used other well known programs in the past but they didn’t play well across the two platforms. This app and my Mac version work great. Only twice during the time I’ve been using the program have I had questions that I needed to send to the developer — both times I got quick and pleasant responses that were on point and very helpful.
I’ve abandoned the other mind mapping programs I used in the past — this one does everything I need and I can even collaborate with a colleague by keeping our files in a shared iThoughts sub folder on Dropbox. I’m very happy!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- toketaWare ltd
- 48.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 toketaWare Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.