Try the best app on AppStore to teach kids handwriting! This free version has all of the features of iTrace, but has a limited set of letters, words and settings.
"With an engaging, kid-friendly interface and many options to customize and track children's progress, iTrace is a valuable app for parents, teachers and occupational therapists.",
Libby Curran, People Magazine's Teacher of the Year
Once you unlock all of the premium features, you will be set.
We designed iTrace over 5 years ago to teach children to write block and cursive letters and numbers. Our mission back then — and today — remains to make early childhood education productive and relaxed, natural at the same time.
While creating the app, we found out that children learn best when they repeat every exercise at least 3 times. In iTrace, a child traces each letter 3 times on every level out of 30 for each letter. Of course, every child learns at a different pace, so an app adjusts the number of levels to meet the needs of their individual student.
The app is ideal for homeschooling as well as classroom setting at Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, and K1-K2 levels.
iTrace Key Features:
- Uppercase and lowercase letters
- Cursive and block letters
- Numbers 0 through 9
- Words: child's name, 350 preloaded words from the iTrace library and unlimited words that can be added by you
- Support of 3 different letter fonts: Zaner-Blosser, HWT (Handwriting Without Tears) and D'Nealian (with customized letters for each font!)
- Full support for both Left and Right handwriting orientation.
- 5 animated scenes that gather relevant words together to make learning fun with 50 animated objects (iPad only)
- History of each child's progress
- Unlimited children accounts
- Available at a reduced price with Volume Purchase Program for educational institutions
We created iTrace for kids:
- The app tracks and adjusts to your child's individual progress to keep their interest and to encourage progress
- To support how children learn writing skills, iTrace will replay exercises several times gradually increasing complexity and difficulty level (just like a game!)
- The app will reward progress with over 600 varying prizes for every completed exercise
- iTrace leverages context and animation to teach writing by encouraging children to select animated scenes composed of meaningfully combined objects
We created iTrace to help parents and teachers:
- The app tracks your child's progress on each individual letter and number to help them master handwriting and for adults to measure improvement
- iTrace supports easily switching to the Left-handed mode and to cursive letters.
- For offline practice, iTrace supports customization and printing of PDF worksheets on the paper.
We built iTrace to guard children’s privacy:
- No ads inside the app. We do not interrupt the learning process with anything unhelpful or irrelevant.
- No collection of personal data. We do not ask for any contact details except the first name of your student to personalize their experience.
- Purchases can only be made by adults from a part of the app that children cannot access.
Featured in the App Store's "Education" category under Best New Apps!
— TUAW: "The app is brightly illustrated and well designed, certain to appeal to young students. Meant for the core 3-7 age group, kids can learn to trace uppercase and lower-case letters, as well as numbers."
If you have any ideas or feedback that you would like to share, please contact us at iTrace@devpocket.com. We are sincerely interested in knowing more about your experience with iTrace.
We made internal improvements and fixed an issue with a keyboard
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it, but could use one fix...
I tried out several handwriting apps before settling on this one. This is really the best one out there! I really like the self-correcting feature that helps children learn to keep their lines within the space and correct stroke order. I love the ability to add words for my daughter to practice spelling and writing.
The correct stroke order is HUGE for me. I’m a teacher and I see SO many students forming their letters with the wrong stroke order and it leads to confusion with certain letters. I also see many students who have incorrect placement of letters, particularly those going below the baseline - g, j, p, q, y. To that end, one important thing I would like to see added is writing guide lines so children work on placement on the line and letter formation simultaneously. It would really help to have the letters being practiced displayed on guide lines and still keep the self-correcting feature ensuring correct stroke order.
It might also be nice to have some control over how much they have to stay within the letter tracing to make it more challenging as children advance to encourage neater, more precise letter formation.
Overall, this is a great app!
We Freaking LOVE IT!!!
Let me start by saying I am in love and thankful for your App. I swear it's the best! my name is Diana and I'm a stay at home Mom/Teacher to my son (which by the way just turned 3 in December.) and I introduced your app to him so that he can have some kind of practice tracing. I can tell you that he picked it up quick by the second day, and he loves it. I had to purchase the full app to get everything you guys provide. Thank you for making tracing that much easier to teach... To all the moms out there this is the best app there is ...
Great Learning Tool
I use this app for tutoring 4-6 year olds but it's fine for pre-readers as well as for older children to help with handwriting/vocabulary. The option to add your own words and photos really boosts the power and longevity of this app. Many apps have busy graphics and annoying rewards that can kill concentration, but this app has very clean and simple graphics, with the optional pleasant background music. The creator really strives to make this a great learning tool for children.
- Michael Bogorad
- 193.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © iTrace Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Premium Features $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.