iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or Plex and the prior version was one of highest rated video converters in the App Store with 1700 five star ratings (US) since its introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 4k, 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include h.265, AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Converts all video to play on all Apple devices including iTunes, Apple TV and iPhone
• Support for h.264 and h265 encoding
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• Hardware accelerated super fast video conversion
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• Subtitles can be downloaded and added automatically from Internet sources like OpenSubtitles and SubDB
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose
• Add you own devices as you purchase them
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
• Landscape Artwork for TV App
• Fix for TVDB metadata lookup
Ratings and Reviews
This app has solved MANY metadata problems for me
I've been having issues with metadata tagging tools for years - even to the point of trying to write my own because I couldn't find anything out there that would do the job. This app has put all of those concerns to rest. Even if it were to have all of its conversion facilities (which are both considerable and very useful) completely removed, I would find this tool to be well worth the price. The fact that my homebrew content (family videos, music and movies not purchased from the iTunes store, etc.) no longer are treated as second-class citizens in my own iTunes library has been a real game-changer for me. The only (very tiny and very edge-case) quibble I have is that this version seems to have issues preserving chapter images. Given that that particular issue is one that likely less than %0.1 of their customers are concerned with I can easily forgive its absence. Highly, highly recommended!
Great app, definitely worth the price
I have been using iVI for a few years now to do conversions and import to iTunes. Version 4 of the software looks and feels better than the previous version (as expected though not always achieved). I haven’t directly compared the conversion speed of this versus previous versions but the rate seems quite similar between them. The price is very reasonable given that it does more than just convert media files, filling those pesky metadata entries without much need for user input. I continue being a very satisfied customer and will continue supporting this marvelous software. If you are in the lookout for a conversion/metadata software, look no further.
This is the Best App of Its kind
I use this app all the time. It’s the simplest and most effective way to make sure all the important data you want about a movie or TV show is embedded in the file, and the fact that it will allow PASS THRU video saves so much time! I’ve hardly scratched the surface of the automation capabilities. This really streamlines building a solid movie library, and it makes custom videos just as awesome as the hollywood films. I have and would recommend this app to others.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.