Tired of constantly adjusting your music's volume?
iVolume ensures that all your songs play at the same volume level.
iVolume calculates the volume perceived by the human ear for each song of your iTunes music collection. Thereby iVolume gets the most out of the approved Replay Gain algorithm and adjusts your songs accordingly.
* Master of the Genius: iVolume is the perfect companion for your Genius Mixes in iTunes. No longer adjust the volume for background music on parties. No longer dig your iPod out of your pocket just to modify the music's volume. iVolume takes your music listening experience to a whole new level.
* Compatible With Your Digital Life: iVolume integrates seamlessly with iTunes on Mac and PC, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, FrontRow, and AirPlay (aka AirTunes). Most popular audio file formats like MP3, AAC/M4A, AIFF, and Apple Lossless are supported.
* Blazingly Fast: iVolume takes advantage of newest technologies to fully utilize every core of modern multiprocessor machines for optimal performance.
* Avoids Unnecessary Work: iVolume remembers all results ever calculated. Apply changed adjustment settings without the need for re-analyzing your songs.
* Keeps Albums Intact: By using a sophisticated album detection algorithm iVolume optionally adjusts albums as a whole to keep the intention of the artist. This method is particularly suitable for adjusting gapless live albums.
* Highly Configurable: Create groups to apply individual fine tuned settings to any specified subset of your songs.
* Awesome Usability: All the features above are fun and incredibly easy to use through a modern and clear user interface.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How exactly does iVolume adjust my songs?
A: iVolume effectively repairs the built-in 'Sound Check' function of iTunes. Information about the loudness is stored by iTunes in a tag named iTunNORM inside your songs. This information is used for playing a song a bit louder or softer at playback time whenever Sound Check is turned on. iTunes' loudness analysis is very fast but unfortunately not very accurate so that Sound Check is not satisfying out-of-the-box. That's were iVolume comes into the game: iVolume re-analyzes every song with a professional algorithm that's oriented on the acoustic perception of the human ear and iVolume then permanently replaces the information in the iTunNORM tag of your songs with perfect values.
Q: Is there any loss in quality to my songs?
A: No. iVolume does not re-encode your songs. It just replaces the information in the iTunNORM tag with perfect values. This information is used at playback-time to play a song softer or louder whenever Sound Check is turned on.
Q: Do I need iVolume to play my songs?
A: No, you just let iVolume run once (or every time you've added new songs) over your library. Then you play your songs as usual with iTunes, your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. You just have to make sure to have Sound Check turned on in iTunes or on your playback device so that the adjustments made by iVolume take effect.
Q: Are copy protected AAC songs bought from the iTunes Store supported?
A: Songs purchased before mid 2009 from the iTunes Store may be DRM-protected (file extension .m4p). Unfortunately there is no way for applications to read raw sample data from copy protected songs. If this would be possible, it would not be a copy protection anymore. But to calculate the perceived loudness of a song, iVolume needs to read the sample data of that song.
So copy protected songs can not be automatically adjusted by iVolume. However you can still manually adjust them by hand.
Please note that in the meantime all songs offered by the iTunes Store are in DRM-free "iTunes Plus" format. Songs purchased in this format can be analyzed and adjusted fine with iVolume.
Compatibility with iTunes 12.2.
Ratings and Reviews
Like it, But speed is much slower now in Lion..
First off, if you have Lion then Mac MP3Gain will not work-plus the interface of that program would never let you see what changes were being made (and tracks were always skipped). I like this program, but have noticed that since I have made the switch to Lion that the speed has gone way down (and the speed dial does not even spin). Regardless, it still right now is the best way to get your files in itunes all close to the same volume. I highly suggest putting your files into seperate groups in volume and set your preference to run by group-that way it does not get bogged down or potentially crash. Would love to see an update that is more Lion friendly, but even so, I recommend this program over anything else available for Mac right now for normalizing your files.
Will not download or install on itunes 12.3
just baught this product and was not able to finish download or install from app store because i have latest itunes 12.3, there goes my $30 out the window.
No upgrade from july 2015…. Waaaaaat…!!! this is what i get: ( iVolume failed to download )
This version seems to do much better with my library. It crashed a few times but it picked up where it left off.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.