Ivory is a brand new app that brings over a dozen years of experience building the award-winning Tweetbot for Twitter, over to the Mastodon network. We obsess over every detail and put good design and experience first. Download and experience it for yourself. If you liked Tweetbot, you’ll love Ivory!
We are very excited about the future of Ivory and have so many great plans for it. Here’s what you can expect in Ivory now:
⁃ Beautiful visual and sound design
⁃ Blazing fast performance and super smooth scrolling
⁃ Many theme and app icon options
⁃ Support for multiple accounts
⁃ Create and view content warnings
⁃ Create and participate in polls
⁃ Easily search for and post gifs
⁃ Customizable push notifications and viewable notifications tab
⁃ View post statistics for the day and graph for the week in the stats tab
⁃ Powerful mute filters with regex support
⁃ Ability to follow hashtags
⁃ Bookmark posts to refer back to privately
⁃ View local and federated timelines as well as trending posts
⁃ Powerful timeline filters to quickly show/hide posts of different criteria
⁃ Never lose your place in the timeline across Ivory on multiple devices including iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.
-- Subscription Details --
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
- Timeline/List positions stored more frequently so there’s less chance of losing your place if the app crashes.
- Fixed the issue where closing the main window and then opening a new one via File > New Window would lose all of your columns.
- Widgets now work in Sonoma.
- Added app version number to bottom of the “About Ivory” window.
- Improvements to selected post states when the main window becomes active again.
- Improvements to displaying video controls when moving the mouse over video.
- Added the ability to flip through multiple images by pressing supported mice scroll wheels left/right (or hold shift and use the scroll wheel).
- Fixed an issue where image zoom could be reset when the media window becomes active again.
- When you select a row in the Notifications tab, you can now use the menu items (and their keyboard shortcuts) from the Post and User menus.
- Focus indicators on many textfields have been improved if you have keyboard navigation enabled.
- Pressing ‘o’ on a post detail view will now open the media viewer.
- Fixed the issue where double-clicking a zoomed in image wouldn’t properly zoom back to the original size.
- Double-clicking the titlebar takes you to the top of your timeline and double-clicking again will return you back to your last position.
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite Mastodon App
I was a years-long Tweetbot for user. To me, it delivered the best Twitter experience on iOS for its design, easy navigation, and reliably fast performance. I’ve been using Ivory since its alpha, and I can confidently say that it brings the best of Tweetbot to Mastodon.
While still in early preview, Ivory comes packed with features and a roadmap for more. The new set of open-ended interface icons play off the mastodon’s trunk, providing whimsy and a handcrafted luxury feel. It’s hard to explain, but the icons add a feel to Ivory that’s really pleasant.
Tapbots hit a home run with Ivory, and I believe it will be the standard bearer for Mastodon apps on iOS. Ivory will certainly attract more users to Mastodon with its awesome user experience.
Great App but charges for basic features
I’ve been having a good time using the app and I’m really hopeful that one day mastodon will be a suitable replacement for Reddit after the whole mess they’ve been causing this past month. I just have one issue right now. I’ve been trying to use the search function to find new users to follow and it keeps telling me “no posts found” “search may not be enabled on this instance.” I downloaded the regular mastodon app to try the same searches there and it worked just fine. Is this an issue stemming from not having a paid account or just a bug in the app?
Editing my review.
Still a great app but I realized that aside from my issues with searching which is a whole problem in itself. I cannot even follow or unfollow users without a subscription. This is kind of a dealbreaker for me and even though the app is cleanly designed and pretty smooth to use I can’t get behind paywalling features that should be stock. I would give an easy 4 or even 5 stars if this was not the case
The perfect Mastodon client, and still getting better
I've used Ivory since its early testing period on an iPhone and then on Mac, and watching Tapbots constantly improve it has been inspirational. They took feedback well, particularly in helping add descriptive text to images, something many people want and need. The experience takes Mastodon, already a great federated service that continues to evolve, and makes into something vibrant. It's easy for me to say that without Ivory, I'd be enjoying Mastodon much less, as Ivory fits my brain perfectly. It's great having the same client and same approach now on my iPhone and on my Mac.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 19.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023 Tapbots LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ivory iOS + iPadOS Monthly Sub $1.99
- Ivory iOS + iPadOS Yearly Sub $14.99
- iOS, iPadOS + macOS Yearly Sub $24.99
- Ivory for macOS Monthly Sub $1.99
- macOS, iOS + iPadOS Yearly Sub $24.99
- Ivory for macOS Yearly Sub $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.