iVoxel - The singing vocoder
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder - the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine. iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder. The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists - one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
The pitch follower and automatic tuning let you sing correct to a selectable scale.
You can use iVoxel in many different ways:
As a realtime vocoder talking into the microphone while playing tunes on the keyboard. The sound character of your voice can be changed in many different aspects like pitch, gender or breath noise. Use it to sing over your favorite iTunes song !
Record the analyzed spectrum of phrases and words from your own voice. Then use this voxel to play with your own voice on the keyboard or with the build in sequencer. Nearly 300 hundred prerecorded voxels are already included.
The output of your creations can be recorded to an audio file which you
can use with other Apps and programs for further processing.
• Realtime analysis/resynthesis of your voice
• 20+2 Channel vocoder
• Pitch Follower and automatic tuning correction to selectable scale
• Voice spectrum recorder (voxels)
• Nearly 300 prerecorded voxels included
• Play your vocoded voice live on keyboard. Drag for slides and vibrato.
• Polyphonic sequencer for notes & lyrics
• Voice optimized polyphonic synthesizer with up to 64 analog waves
• Time warping of voxels
• Gender changer
• Breath noise
• Pitch vibrato with delay
• Hi-end Reverb and Chorus/Delay effects
• Import of voice samples to create voxels
• Export of audio recordings
• flexible MIDI control for Gender and Vibrato
• CoreMIDI support allows using external Keyboards
- Completely revised Version 2
- Realtime pitch following
- Automatic tuning correction to selectable scale
- Improved sound quality with analog oscillators
- Polyphonic sequencer
- Voxel editing
- Convert audio files to Voxel
- Hi-end Reverb
- New user interface
- Sandboxed app for your security
- many bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
worse than the ios version and at an absurd markup DO NOT BUY!
this app crashes, EVERY SINGLE TIME IT IS OPENED. For four times what i paid for the ipad version i expected a more robust app. this was the dumbest purchase i have made to date. Do Not Buy! Try orange Vocoder (it's Free) or Reaktor's The Mouth, there are a lot of great vocoder apps out there. this app is far behind the times in what vocoding can do. Every free app vocoder has at least all of the controlls that this one does. DO NOT BUY! WILL UPDATE WHEN I CAN OPEN MY PURCHASE! Running on 2011 imac 10.6.6.
not ready for prime time
This app crashes continously, it doesn't accept the microphone or AKAI keyboard, and it doesn't provide a step to step orientation which might stabilize it's components and lead to a successful experience with production. Bluetooth headphones cause it to malfunction, and my entire computer froze. Please fix as you take in $$! I wonder if Apple tests these out, being that they're so scrupulous.
There is a huge latency
I just downloaded the app and I think it has a horrible latency, so it is hardly possible to use it. By the way I am using it in a brand new mac book pro. With a tascam us-144 the app does simply not work. Could I have my money back?
The developer, Harry Gohs, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harry Gohs
- 16.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.6.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.