What is iVRy?
• iVRy is a SteamVR-compatible Virtual Reality headset app for your iPhone with a native high-performance driver for Valve's OpenVR / SteamVR.
What does that mean?
• Want to use that stunning iPhone display for something more than sending text messages?
• Want to play PC VR* (Virtual Reality) titles without having to buy a high end headset?
• With iVRy, an iPhone 6 or later, and a compatible VR headset you can!
• Supports Wired (USB) connections for greater visual quality and performance.
• Supports Wireless (Wifi) connections for greater mobility.
• Automatically adjusts quality to maintain optimal frame rates on all connection types.
• User configurable quality and performance options.
• User configurable vignette options.
• Scan your VR headset's Cardboard QR code for optimal lens distortion correction and field-of-view.
• Integrates natively into SteamVR, so no 'manager' / 'server' apps or additional configuration required.
• Compatible with most HTC Vive and Oculus Rift** titles, including 'Robinson: The Journey', 'Adr1ft', 'Project CARS', 'Obduction', 'Elite Dangerous', 'EVE: Valkerie', 'Chronos', 'Assetto Corsa' and many more.
• "Lite" edition has all of the features of "Premium" edition, but will start to reduce color saturation after being connected for more than 5 minutes. Upgrade to "Premium" edition via Steam DLC or In-App Purchase to remove this limitation.
Download the iVRy OpenVR/SteamVR HMD Device Driver from:
* Valve OpenVR/SteamVR. Requires Valve Steam & SteamVR on Windows 7 or later.
** Oculus Rift titles require Valve SteamVR, Oculus Home & 3rd party 'Revive' software from:
• Requires VR headset, compatible with iPhone (eg. Google Cardboard).
• Requires a PC running Windows 7 (or later) with a DirectX 11 (or later) graphics card with Valve Steam and SteamVR installed.
• Requires installation of iVRy SteamVR HMD Device Driver software.
• XBox 360/One controller for Windows recommended.
• Additional hardware/software required for positional tracking and motion controllers.
All trademarks are used for informational purposes, and remain the property of their respective owners.
- Improve support for latest devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad at all!
I tried a few 3D apps on my iPhone 7 and non really worked as well as this one. Very stream lined. Can’t wait for further updates for it to get even better. Just know that if you’re using your phone for Steam games you might only be able to play them in big screen mode for now. It’s still pretty cool though, feels like you’re playing your favorite game in an IMAX👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼.
Just remember, Both Steam 3D and regular Steam have to be running to play your library, and you have to switch to Big Screen mode on regular Steam.
5 stars ALL THE WAY (2020 after months of checking out riftcat and ivry)
This by far is the most excellent experienced ive had. THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. GO ON REDDIT AND JOIN THE IVRY SUBREDDIT, it has about 300 people as of now but, the moderator of the sub reddit is also one of the developer of the apps. This man deserves props.
I went into the dms to ask him questions about the app. This is mainly why im here to write the review. Its one if a kind. I probably asked him like 10 + questions in the dms and he ANSWERED ALL OF THEM. After, i even felt bad so i said im not going to ask him any questions anymore, so i went on the the reddit. Guess what. He was the one answering them. Thats really supportive and i have to give him and his app props.
Latency is not an issue with a good computer and internet connection. If anybodies seeing this, im not trying to be a kiss up but this app is really good. I played racing games on this, and it supports 120 hertz phones.
Best Steam VR headset app out there
I've only used this app for a day but I can tell I'll use it forever. The settings menu has so many controls that are easy to understand. It's cheaper than all the other apps that claim to do the same too! The pairing process works so well. Only one problem occurred though. After about thirty minutes of using it connected to my PC, it malfunctioned. It would only work for about ten seconds with choppy graphics, then the app would crash and return to the home screen. I tried restarting with and without airplane mode with the same results. I deleted the app, restarted my phone, then reinstalled it and it worked again. Hope this review helps others as it helps the rating!
Developer Response ,
There is a new version available that fixes crash issues.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ian Dean
- 17.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 Mediator Software
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.