What is iVRy?
• iVRy is a SteamVR-compatible Virtual Reality headset app for your iPhone with a native high-performance driver for Valve's OpenVR / SteamVR.
What does that mean?
• Want to use that stunning iPhone display for something more than sending text messages?
• Want to play PC VR* (Virtual Reality) titles without having to buy a high end headset?
• With iVRy, an iPhone 6 or later, and a compatible VR headset you can!
• Supports Wired (USB) connections for greater visual quality and performance.
• Supports Wireless (Wifi) connections for greater mobility.
• Automatically adjusts quality to maintain optimal frame rates on all connection types.
• User configurable quality and performance options.
• User configurable vignette options.
• Scan your VR headset's Cardboard QR code for optimal lens distortion correction and field-of-view.
• Integrates natively into SteamVR, so no 'manager' / 'server' apps or additional configuration required.
• Compatible with most HTC Vive and Oculus Rift** titles, including 'Robinson: The Journey', 'Adr1ft', 'Project CARS', 'Obduction', 'Elite Dangerous', 'EVE: Valkerie', 'Chronos', 'Assetto Corsa' and many more.
• "Lite" edition has all of the features of "Premium" edition, but will start to reduce color saturation after being connected for more than 5 minutes. Upgrade to "Premium" edition via In-App Purchase to remove this limitation.
Download the iVRy OpenVR/SteamVR HMD Device Driver from:
* Valve OpenVR/SteamVR. Requires Valve Steam & SteamVR on Windows 7 or later.
** Oculus Rift titles require Valve SteamVR, Oculus Home & 3rd party 'Revive' software from:
• Requires VR headset, compatible with iPhone (eg. Google Cardboard).
• Requires a PC running Windows 7 (or later) with a DirectX 11 (or later) graphics card with Valve Steam and SteamVR installed.
• Requires installation of iVRy SteamVR HMD Device Driver software.
• XBox 360/One controller for Windows recommended.
• Additional hardware/software required for positional tracking and motion controllers.
All trademarks are used for informational purposes, and remain the property of their respective owners.
- Performance improvements
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Best Steam VR headset app out there
I've only used this app for a day but I can tell I'll use it forever. The settings menu has so many controls that are easy to understand. It's cheaper than all the other apps that claim to do the same too! The pairing process works so well. Only one problem occurred though. After about thirty minutes of using it connected to my PC, it malfunctioned. It would only work for about ten seconds with choppy graphics, then the app would crash and return to the home screen. I tried restarting with and without airplane mode with the same results. I deleted the app, restarted my phone, then reinstalled it and it worked again. Hope this review helps others as it helps the rating!
Developer Response ,
There is a new version available that fixes crash issues.
Incredible Customer Support
I had trouble getting the app to work and and sent a support ticket through Facebook. I was completely surprised that I got a response right away -- on a Sunday no less. After several messages back and forth over a couple of hours, we figured out the problem was on my end. Windows 7 was not cooperating with my graphics card. He sent me a link to an article on how to upgrade for free.
Just upgraded my OS today, and the app works exactly as advertised. It's important to note that this isn't a complete VR shortcut... your computer must be VR-capable to start. As it is, I will need to upgrade my GPU for the best experience, but I won't have to shell out big bucks for an expensive headset thanks to IVRY!
Get it now!
It works way better than crappy Trinus vr. I feel like I need to rate them much lower now that I have spent around 200 hours in vr. The only bottleneck in my set up is my computer which is not really vr ready at all. But some how this app still offers potato pc options so my 4gb ram i5 surface pro4 with Intel Hd graphics. I just have to lower the resolution to it lowest setting. And I still can get 60 FPS on the easy to run stuff! Try it out with a proper computer to see how it is. The app also has a great way to test it out with the 5 minuet desaturation feature. ( Even though I bought it before the five minuets was up lol)
JUST BUY IT!/try it.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Ian Dean
- 2.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Mediator Software
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.