Music Notation is easy and fun when you use iWriteMusic!
Have you ever been frustrated by Music Notation Apps because
“They are too complicated to learn?" or “It takes forever to finish writing?” We've been challenging to resolve those issues since we started making iWriteMusic in 2010.
Check out 7 reasons to choose iWriteMusic.
1. You can understand this app almost instantly!
Because of Truly Intuitive and Extremely Simple user interface, you barely need to read pages of manuals nor watching numbers of instruction videos. You just have a few things to learn to be able to use this app pretty well.
2.Double your productivity with our Highly Efficient Input System.
If you’re already familiar with notation apps and looking for faster & more efficient entry system, try our innovative One-Flick Entry System along with Traditional Entry System to get your job done in no time!
What is Traditional Entry System?
- The choices will appear with ToolBox.
- Select a value and the location separately.
- Recommended to those who are not yet familiar with any music notation apps.
What is OneFlick Entry System?
- The choices will appear when you touch the screen.
- Select a location and the value at once.
- The selection will change as you slide your finger to left/right.
- Recommended to those who are familiar with music notation apps and looking for faster and more efficient entry system.
3. Creates beautiful sheet music
- absolutely professional quality!
- rich options for page layout adjustment
- easy parts creation
- easy score/parts management
- direct print-out via AirPrint
4. Supports most of major notation elements
- multi-track writing
- multi-voice writing
- percussion/drums notation
- chord symbols and lyrics
- multi-bar rest
- time change
- key change
- clef change
- tempo change
- grace note
- articulations and dynamics marks
- easy song transpose
- partial transpose
and many more!
5. Useful playback options for practice
- mixer with solo, mute and voice select
- loop and swing options
6. Data & sheet music sharing
- exports/Imports iWriteMusic data file
- exports PDF or JPG
- exports Standard MIDI
7. Extremely Compact Size (15 MB)
You can save your device storage space
for photos, videos and other apps.
Note: This is for iPhone (iPad version sold separately)
Version 3.0 supports:
- Slide Over (on capable iPads only)
- Split View (on capable iPads only)
- adaption to bigger screen
- redesigned navigation
- built-in keyboard + One Flick entry
- iCloud access (Free versions)
- customizable favorite tools
- improved One Flick entry
- improved score/parts management
- improved page layout settings
- x/16 time signature
- 64th note/rest
- more mixed triplets
- The response of playbacks and drawing may vary and may be limited depends on the device capability, numbers of tracks and the apps running in background.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Superb, but frustrating
I've had iwritemusic for years, and upgraded to the full version not too long ago. The app's mechanics and features are excellent thanks to a straightforward system and a wide array of options. Sadly, there are some issues that have been around since the app's debut. The most troublesome problem is the fact that the app crashes... A lot. The device I am using is a bit old, but is updated and more than capable of running the software, but crashes happen at an alarming rate and it has been this way for years. The other main issue is with the playback feature. Options are very limited in this regard. Dynamics are not represented. Instrument keys don't seem to carry into the audio playback. Other than these problems (crashes being the biggest issue), iWriteMusic is quite a good option for anyone trying to compose or arrange music on a mobile device.
WONDERFUL but i have a slight problem
Super duper app i absolutely love it, its easy to use, worth the money, and it enriches my life. However, slight personal issue:
I had to redownload the app to update it (my phone is dumb) and before i did i exported all my written songs to google drive.
Afterwards when i tried to import them back i could not find a way to do it?
Before it updated i could export them from the drive to the app but the app doesnt show up as an option anymore.
Basically reimplementing that feature would be nice as i still am in the dark as to getting those songs back in the app :(
Gives Finale a run for its money
This app is an amazing tool for any songwriter. With the ability to create an orchestral movement on the go, this app is a must have. I play the piano, and this app has helped me compose music while balancing my busy school schedule. The app has almost all the tools one might need. The program alerts you when you have made a mistake, it allows you to copy and paste entire sections, saving you a ton of work. It also plays back anything you write so that you can check yourself for errors. With numerous built in presets for timings, keys, and and octaves, this app is easy to use, and at it's low price, is a great deal. I have only had two problems with this app so far. First off, if a song is becoming lengthy, the app has a tendency to crash, causing me to save my work frequently, or risk losing what I've been working on. The only other problem is that the program seems to be missing a grace note feature which I'm sure they will add in a later update (hint).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.