iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
- Clean and minimal interface.
- iCloud sync across Mac, iPad and iPhone devices.
- Markdown syntax highlighting.
- Typewriter mode (iPad only).
- Focus on line, sentence and paragraph.
- Navigate large files with ease.
- Markdown and MultiMarkdown preview.
- Powerful Document Browser.
- Fast and responsive editing.
# iWriter Pro supports:
- Light and dark layouts (auto-switching included).
- Search and Replace within a document.
- Export text and Markdown previews to PDF, HTML and LaTeX.
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating within text.
- Customisable fonts and themes, including user-installed fonts.
- Automatic number/bullet list continuation and indentation.
- Multi-window layout on iPad.
- Inserting links to images.
- TextExpander Touch support.
# Tips & tricks:
- Swipe down with one finger to hide the keyboard.
- Tap the Status Bar to scroll the entire text to top.
- Tap and hold a keyboard button to reveal alternate symbols.
# iWriter Pro for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
Please note: iWriter Pro is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files only (like .txt and .md). The app doesn't support .doc, .docx or .rtf files.
# New in iWriter Pro 3.0.3
Bug fixes and improvements.
# New in iWriter Pro 3.0
New cleaner user interface.
Redesigned keyboard extension with Markdown presets.
Improved Settings, Table-of-Contents and Export menus.
Updated Typewriter mode with 4 Focus options (iPad only).
New minimal HUD notifications.
New subtle word counter.
Full support for iOS 13 Dark mode.
Implemented multi-window support on iPad.
Support for Font-Picker and user-installed fonts.
Redesigned Document browser.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, clean & fully functional
iWriter Pro is quite simply the best app on iOS in regards to distraction free writing. It's iCloud and Dropbox support as well as its document management abilities are fantastic and simple to use. There is no bloat here, just focused execution. I am very much looking forward to the OS X app.
Best text writer out there
I love this program. It’s a helluva markdown/text editor. I like how it is organized and set up. I use these distraction free programs to work on first drafts and sketch things out and this is a great program for that. I once used Ulysses to do this, but when they went to monthly subscriptions, I left them. Now I have iWriter Pro and am not looking back. It syncs well on iCloud (have not tried Dropbox) which is excellent for me as I am rarely home to work on the desktop and most often write on an iPad Pro.
I also like how the background color can change from the glaring white that so often burns the eyes. I use the sun choice.
This is an excellent program for what it does and I’m glad I found it.
After trying other similar apps, this one is by far the best one. Definitely worth the 5 STARS!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.