iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
# Key Features:
- Sync across all your Mac, iPad, and iPhone devices*.
- Text editing with live syntax highlighting.
- Preview for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents.
- Typewriter mode with focusing on sentence, line, or paragraph.
- Fast and responsive editing even for large files.
- Integrated counters for words, chars, sentences, and paragraphs.
- QuickLook plugin for previewing documents in Finder.
# iWriter Pro Supports:
- Math equations, Flowchart and Mermaid diagrams.
- Exporting documents as HTML, PDF, RTF, EPUB, and LaTeX.
- Keyboard shortcuts for text formatting.
- Automatic number, bullet, and task list continuations.
- User-selectable fonts (with face and size).
* iWriter Pro for iPhone and iPad available as a separate purchase.
** Please note: iWriter Pro is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files only (like ‘.txt’ and ‘.md’).
• Added highlight for header links: # Header [link].
• Header labels are now hidden in Navigation panel.
• Mermaid plugin updated to version 8.9.1.
• Flowchart plugin updated to version 1.14.1.
• MathJax plugin updated to version 3.1.2.
• Fixed bug with System font option being unavailable in Big Sur.
• App icon updated.
# Previous update:
• Swap lines easily with new shortcuts: ⌥+⌘+↑ and ⌥+⌘+↓.
• You can now use the Tab/Shift+Tab shortcuts for text indentation.
• Additional improvements for Navigation panel.
• Additional under-the-hood updates.
If you like iWriter Pro please rate it in the Mac App Store every time the update goes live. Your ratings and reviews help us deliver new updates!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this program!
One thing I would recommend is LaTex support for writing math formulas. I would certainly buy the iOS version if there was LaTex support. Great app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the request. We have implemented LaTeX formula preview in the recent iWriter Pro update (ver. 1.10).
Would be great, with some improvements
I had to let my previous markup app go, b/c I moved up to macOS Catalina, which is 64 bit. There are 3 problems with this app that slow down my productivity. 1) I need an app that recognizes URL syntax, and automatically makes it clickable in documents. 2) Every time I open 1Write I am searching for a document to read or edit. However, 1Writer's default is to search the entire computer, rather that the designated file folder of my docs. Having to click the name of that folder after attempting a search is an unnecessary step. It would also be helpful if the app would automatically reveal documents as you type the letters you are searching for (live search). 3) I am often moving from one document to another, and therefore want 1Writer to remain on the screen when I exit a document. It is a pain that every time I exit a document, I have to bring 1Writer up again. There should be an preference option to keep it on the screen in the background while editing a document.
I do think this app can be very useful with these improvements.
Missing basic functionality
You'd expect that ⌘- would decrease the font size like it's supposed to, but it doesn't, and there isn't a way to decrease it in the app menu either. That's too bad since I was looking forward to using this in conjunction with its Latex support.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for pointing this out. We’ll add those shortcuts in the next update. You can choose any font (with any size) in the app’s settings.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sergey Zorin
- 5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sergey Zorin 2016 - 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.