With iziCast you can broadcast audio from the internal microphone, external audio devices or Audiobus compatible apps to Icecast and Shoutcast servers. You can even broadcast your favourite music files and mix them with your internal or external microphone. Of course you can also create a recording of your session.
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
iziCast comes with the following features:
• Supports Icecast 2 and Shoutcast 1 & 2 (legacy mode)
• Supports Audiobus
• Supports Liquidsoap based internet radio platforms (e.g. Airtime/Azuracast)
• Supports audio recording
• Provides multiple effects via In-App Purchase (10-Band EQ, Delay, Reverb, Limiter)
• Preview and share your audio recordings
• Supports MP3 (bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps)
• Supports AAC (bit rates from 96 kbps to 320 kbps)
• Supports AAC+/AAC-HE (bit rates from 24 bps to 80 kbps)
• Supports OGG/Vorbis (bit rates from 16 kbps to 320 kbps)
• Supports FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
• Supports internal microphones
• Supports external audio devices with multiple inputs
• Shows you the input audio volume on its level meter
• Shows you the used traffic and file size of a session (tap the dot matrix text)
• Shows you number of current and peak listeners
• Automatically reconnects if the connection got lost
• Allows you to update the song information
• Allows you to apply gain to the input volume
• Supports monitoring
Successfully tested external audio devices so far:
• Apple EarPods
• Apple AirPods (Pro)
• Tascam iXJ2
• Tascam iM2X
• Behringer Xenyx 302 USB
• Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD
• Roland go:mixer
• Zoom H2 Recorder (Please set the sample rate on the device to 48 kHz)
• Zoom H4n Pro
• Zoom H6
• Zoom F1
• Zoom H3-VR
• Pyle PAD30MXUBT
• Tascam US-1800
• M-audio Fast Track Ultra Pro
• Evermix MixBox
• Traktor Z1
• Apogee jam+
• Yamaha SC2 Silent Piano
Fix: Stereo audio files were broadcasted in mono if no audio interface with at least 2 channels was connected to the iOS device
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use and stable
This app works really well for the purpose of its design. It’s basically a “Set n’ Forget” process to have your radio station up and running in virtually no time.
I have used this app with a few audio interfaces obtaining consistent results while broadcasting for several continuous hours.
The interface needs some help according to today standards.
I have tried literally most of the apps created for internet broadcasting and iziCast is actually the only one which offers reliable performance.
I just hope that the developer includes FLAC as one of the available codecs.
Developer Response ,
thanks for your honest review. I know that the UI could be better, but I am more a developer than a designer ;-)
I listened to your hopes and added FLAC to the newest release. Hope you like it.
You said that you tried different audio interfaces. I would be happy if you send me a list of them to email@example.com so I can add them to my list of supported devices.
I love this app. Thank you !!!!!
works great but no with kh
took me a while to figure out the issue of not being able to connect. app works fantastic with icecast 2. i was using the new icecast server kh, and the connection gets drop every 10 to 15 seconds.
re installed icecast but with version 2 and connected right away. hope they update to support newer version of shoutcast and icecast kh since they offer more features. thanks..
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Noethen
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Daniel Nöthen
- In-App Purchases
- Effect: Peak Limiter $0.99
- Effect: 10-Band Equalizer $0.99
- Effect: Reverb $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.