Jade Empire: Special Edition is an award-winning action RPG from the makers of Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Experience a unique combination of fast paced martial arts action with a gripping, character driven story set in a mythical land. Each decision builds your reputation, changing the course of interactions with other characters and followers. Take the role of a master of martial arts, and recruit followers to your cause in an interactive, living world.
Embark on an epic journey with fascinating characters across a graphically beautiful, fantastic new world inspired by the myths and legends of ancient China. Sinister events upset the peaceful harmony of an isolated martial arts school, drawing you into a story that unfolds with drama, action, and adventure. Detailed followers and other non-player characters enrich the adventure by providing comic relief, rivalries, flirtations, and hostility. Stare in awe at the sweeping views of the lush environments, sheer vertical drops, and overpowering scale that provide the visual backdrop to the story. Confront wild outlaws, evil magicians, demonic incarnations, and other foul villains that protect the Jade Empire’s darkest secrets.
• An epic experience with a rich blend of role-playing and exciting real-time combat.
• “Special Edition” version of the game with additional content.
• Elegant touch controls designed from the ground up for a mobile screen.
• Jade Empire: Special Edition for mobile is the full experience, with over 40 hours of gameplay.
• Achievements for the first time!
• Full MFi extended controller support
• A streamlined user interface custom-made for the touch screen helps immerse you in the action and exploration.
••• Note: This game is compatible with iPad (3rd generation), iPad Air, iPad mini (2nd generation), and iPhone 5 and newer. THE GAME WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES! •••
© 2017 All rights reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Aspyr is a registered trademark of Aspyr Media, Inc., and the Aspyr star logo is a trademark of Aspyr Media. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
We love BioWare for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and their other epic role-playing games, but this particular gem from their back catalog shines like a glorious green dragon. Infused with Chinese myth and populated by unforgettable characters, Jade Empire: Special Edition is a beautiful update of the classic action-RPG. The intuitive touch controls make it that much easier for us to get lost in its massive, martial-arts world of intrigue, adventure—and even a bit of romance.
Pretty good iOS port with some room to improve
What it needs most:
1) freeze action from the Mac version that lets you halt everything, look around, and select your enemies
2) camera control that lets you look around sometimes—like at the floating palace that you otherwise can’t even see above the capital
3) setting for manual-only enemy switching.
4) some easier way to switch between all fighting styles than remapping the quick switcher
- it works on iPhone and iPad!
- clever addition of Cloud Save to allow transfer between devices
- I’m able to play fairly well with the touch controls, both regular and advanced
- it often gets into a choppy state after sleeping that can only be fixed by doing the “iOS force quit” and relaunching
- all touch controls in advanced mode only work VERY LOW down. I wasn’t able to heal until I happened to do it near the bottom of the screen.
- not having the things I previously listed as “needing most” make the gameplay less enjoyable and less in control
- if the cloud saving could be automatic without too much trouble, that would keep us from getting stranded on a device that doesn’t have the latest save(s) on it
Jade awesomeness:special edition
Hello the Jade empire: special edition, okay I owned this game for the Xbox way back when. Anyone who doubts this is the game STOP. This is it! I like the touch screen controls, at first I was concerned but ounce I began playing the controls are very much like the OG controls from the xbox. The graphics are somehow look better on the iPhone and the sound, combat, it’s all great. With that said, walking around I found was a little bit of a challenge. You walk straight just fine, but walking and turning can be a bit sticky. But that’s the only problem so far I found. All dialogue box’s are nice and big you can easily scroll through and choose the answer you want. The game isn’t super hard, but it isn’t easy ether. And the fact I haven’t seen one ad is super cool too. For $10 I mean may sound like a lot but but in the day they charged $50+ so you’re getting the whole game for $10. That’s a great deal. The Jade empire is a true masterpiece.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Aspyr Media (iDP)
- 3.9 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Aspyr
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.