Jam Maestro is a powerful music composition tool for musicians interested in making guitar-centric music.
Sequence up to 16 instruments together, including Guitar, Bass and Drums, and compose songs in guitar/drum tab format.
Midi sequence and play background apps in your compositions using the Midi and Inter-App Audio instrument types.
Easily construct harmonies and see the relationship between notes thanks to a unique interface. Instantly share tab ideas with friends and bandmates via Dropbox. Playback with highly realistic samples. Export tabs to PDF/TXT and render tabs to wav/m4a format. Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files.
- 5 Instrument types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio.
- Inter-App Audio Host and Node support.
- Connect up to 4x Inter-App Audio Effects.
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo.
- Full Midi In/Out compatibility
- Midi Sequencing
- Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files
- Export/Import Midi files
- Export tab to PDF/TXT file
- Create your own Drum Kits.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, including State Saving that captures tab info (share your songs in Audiobus presets!)
- AudioCopy support.
- Ableton Link
Check out - www.jammaestro.com - for many videos of Jam Maestro in action!
“This app gives me the power to pro-produce music even places that I can’t physically play guitar. I’ve used this as my main song-writing tool for years now.”
-Chris Zell (She Pulled The Trigger)
• Load up to 16 instruments, all midi in compatible.
• 5 Instrument Types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio
• Realistic sound, OVER 4000+ (painstakingly) recorded samples.
• Full guitar fretboard (22 frets).
• Palm muted equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
• Supports 6/7 string guitar, 4/5 string bass.
• Any custom guitar tuning in the range of Standard to Drop A possible (in most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound).
• One-touch Chords allow you to forget tricky finger position (+ define up to 25 of your own).
• Unique interface allows dynamic key changing as you play.
• Use guitar fretboard or drum pads as a midi controller to play background apps/midi devices.
• iPad version ‘Dual Mode’ allows you to play 2 instruments simultaneously, including 2 separate midi compatible apps/devices.
DRUM KIT CREATOR:
• Use own samples or background midi app sounds.
• Up to 20 pads, each which can be assigned with 2 sounds for cut off (eg. Open and Closed Hi-Hat).
• All custom kits fully compatible with internal sequencer
• Drum Kits using local samples are fully Midi In compatible.
• Create Interfaces for background midi drum apps and sequence using internal sequencer.
• Easily import and export your custom drum kits and share with others.
All Soundpacks now come unlocked in the Full Version.
• Guitar: Acoustic, Metalcore, Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic lead.
• Bass: Studio Tone, Blacklisted, Hazzard.
• Drum: Metal Drums, Rock Drums. Metal Drums Pro, Rock Drums Pro, Power Drums, Punk Drums, Vintage Drums, Jazz Drums, Vinyl Drums, Bongos, Tabla, Drum Machine 808, Industrial, Atmosphere, Percussion Kit, Timpani
• Guitar/Bass/Drum Tab Sequencer.
• Midi Sequencer
• Intuitive interface - program in notes just by touching them, rather than messing around with a numpad.
• Play in almost any time signature.
• Key analysis tools.
• Jam Mode means you can record all instruments to tab simultaneously as you jam over your backing instruments.
• Tempo/Repeat/Mixer/Panning Control.
• Save tabs in .jam format - export via iTunes or straight to Dropbox to share with friends/bandmates instantly.
• Share tabs as PDF/TXT file.
• Export tabs as midi file.
• Render tabs as wav/m4a files.
• Audiobus 3.0 Support
• AudioCopy Support
- Added support for 4/5 string guitar, perfect for those of you wanting to write Ukelele or Banjo tab. To use, set a custom tuning for a specific instrument and select the 4 or 5 string option.
Tip: For a Ukelele or Banjo sound, just add an 'inter-app audio' instrument and connect a background app such a ThumbJam (highly recommend this app if you don't have it).
- Added warning prompt before you overwrite an existing file when saving.
- Fixed crash that occurred when trying to open a file or switch between mono/stereo whilst Jam Maestro is connected as a inter-app audio node (for example when hosted by AUM).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Holy grail of guitar apps
I am a novice guitarist but experienced midi instrumentalist and have tried using iOS interfaces to play music. After a few days of discovering JM’s capabilities I think it is both a great guitar learning and music producing tool on the iOS platform. I feel you do need to have some music theory to understand and effectively use it and it is a good tool for hands on learning of music theory. You can see where scale are positioned on the fret board and then hear them. Like any instrument there is a learning curve but I have gotten more results than with the others I have tried. Now I am going back to those other apps to see if I can control them with the JM interface. Don’t want to go on like a fanboy but need to add that there is best in show support by the very responsive developer. I wish I had discovered this long ago.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review! You are very welcome 👍🏻
Close to perfect
There are lots of options and good sound quality. This is an effective and versatile tool for getting your ideas onto some sort of canvas.
Cons: steep learning curve, unintuitive interface, .gpx import is not supported. Seven string tabs unsupported. Lowest tuning supported is drop A#, but the app won't let you open tabs tuned lower than that. It should just automatically set the tab to drop A# if the tuning is too low rather than not display the tab at all.
To respond to dev response: it's not that I want to see lower tunings possible in your app (drop A# is low enough for me), but rather I would like to see tab files already tuned lower be automatically formatted to A# so I can actually view them. Currently, such tabs cannot be opened. I'm aware that gpx can be easily converted to gp5, but most tabs from UG for example are gpx, which means I cannot simply grab them using Safari and view them using only my iPad. These are both simple minor inconveniences which hold the app back from perfection. Thanks for the response, I love your app and I look forward to the next update!
Developer Response ,
Find me a way to understand how to import .gpx and I may consider it :) You can always export gpx files to gp5 before exporting. Criticism about importing lower than drop A# noted. (Seems no matter how low tuning I provide someone always wants lower!).
Best tab/music app available
I love this app. You can use acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass and drums. You can play 6 or 7 string on acoustic and electric, 4 or 5 string on the bass. You can even do custom tuning too! There are several types of drums and percussion. You can also use another app called ThumbJam with jam maestro which adds tons more instruments from pianos to violins to a mega saw. This app is great. You can also use Dropbox. I love that I can email my tabs. The best part of this app is that you can play back your tabs and listen to them instantly. The instruments sound great and the support for the app is top notch. I always get emails back very quickly if I have a question. Thank you Mr. Blake for this app and appreciate your quick response when I email you with questions.
Developer Response ,
My pleasure! Thanks for the great review!
- David Blake
- 303 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 by David Blake
- In-App Purchases
- Effects Pack 1 $1.99
- Guitar: Bright Clean Soundpack
- Guitar: Epic Lead Soundpack
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.