Jam Maestro is a powerful music composition tool for musicians interested in making guitar-centric music.
Sequence up to 16 instruments together, including Guitar, Bass and Drums, and compose songs in guitar/drum tab format.
Midi sequence and play background apps in your compositions using the Midi and Inter-App Audio instrument types.
Easily construct harmonies and see the relationship between notes thanks to a unique interface. Instantly share tab ideas with friends and bandmates via Dropbox. Playback with highly realistic samples. Export tabs to PDF/TXT and render tabs to wav/m4a format. Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files.
- 5 Instrument types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio.
- Inter-App Audio Host and Node support.
- Connect up to 4x Inter-App Audio Effects.
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo.
- Full Midi In/Out compatibility
- Midi Sequencing
- Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files
- Export/Import Midi files
- Export tab to PDF/TXT file
- Create your own Drum Kits.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, including State Saving that captures tab info (share your songs in Audiobus presets!)
- AudioCopy support.
- Ableton Link
Check out - www.jammaestro.com - for many videos of Jam Maestro in action!
“This app gives me the power to pro-produce music even places that I can’t physically play guitar. I’ve used this as my main song-writing tool for years now.”
-Chris Zell (She Pulled The Trigger)
• Load up to 16 instruments, all midi in compatible.
• 5 Instrument Types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio
• Realistic sound, OVER 4000+ (painstakingly) recorded samples.
• Full guitar fretboard (22 frets).
• Palm muted equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
• Supports 6/7 string guitar, 4/5 string bass.
• Any custom guitar tuning in the range of Standard to Drop A possible (in most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound).
• One-touch Chords allow you to forget tricky finger position (+ define up to 25 of your own).
• Unique interface allows dynamic key changing as you play.
• Use guitar fretboard or drum pads as a midi controller to play background apps/midi devices.
• iPad version ‘Dual Mode’ allows you to play 2 instruments simultaneously, including 2 separate midi compatible apps/devices.
DRUM KIT CREATOR:
• Use own samples or background midi app sounds.
• Up to 20 pads, each which can be assigned with 2 sounds for cut off (eg. Open and Closed Hi-Hat).
• All custom kits fully compatible with internal sequencer
• Drum Kits using local samples are fully Midi In compatible.
• Create Interfaces for background midi drum apps and sequence using internal sequencer.
• Easily import and export your custom drum kits and share with others.
All Soundpacks now come unlocked in the Full Version.
• Guitar: Acoustic, Metalcore, Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic lead.
• Bass: Studio Tone, Blacklisted, Hazzard.
• Drum: Metal Drums, Rock Drums. Metal Drums Pro, Rock Drums Pro, Power Drums, Punk Drums, Vintage Drums, Jazz Drums, Vinyl Drums, Bongos, Tabla, Drum Machine 808, Industrial, Atmosphere, Percussion Kit, Timpani
• Guitar/Bass/Drum Tab Sequencer.
• Midi Sequencer
• Intuitive interface - program in notes just by touching them, rather than messing around with a numpad.
• Play in almost any time signature.
• Key analysis tools.
• Jam Mode means you can record all instruments to tab simultaneously as you jam over your backing instruments.
• Tempo/Repeat/Mixer/Panning Control.
• Save tabs in .jam format - export via iTunes or straight to Dropbox to share with friends/bandmates instantly.
• Share tabs as PDF/TXT file.
• Export tabs as midi file.
• Render tabs as wav/m4a files.
• Audiobus 3.0 Support
• AudioCopy Support
Version 3.6 is here !
- Added native resolution support for iPhone 6, 7, 8.
- Added native resolution support for iPhone 6 Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus.
- Added native resolution support for iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max.
- Added native resolution support for iPad Pro 10.5", 11", 12.9".
- Tweaked graphics in various places.
- AUM compatibility improved. Now responds to AUM transport controls, stays in time, can connect individual tracks etc.
- Fixed bug preventing Inter-App Audio instruments and effects from loading on newer devices.
- Fixed bug that was breaking guitar effects on newer devices.
- Fixed bug where drums were not being loaded for Guitar Pro files.
- Fixed bug where the tutorial was crashing progressing through the tab screen.
- Fixed audio clipping sound that could occur when using Bass.
- Fixed custom chords not working properly when designed for bass
- Fixed grab cymbal button not working in Dual mode (iPad)
- Fixed pasting crash bug that could occur in certain circumstances.
- Fixed buzzing issue when creating a new session whilst audio is playing.
- Fixed audio glitch that could sound when playhead reaches the end of the last bar
- Updated to the latest Audiobus SDK (3.0.7).
- Updated App Store video
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best Songwriting Tool I’ve Ever Used
I’ve been writing metal and acoustic music for over 10 years now, and having been in many different projects and seeing my material scattered to the wind, this app has allowed me to consolidate my creative process and I’ve finished more songs in the last year than in the rest of my career, combined.
Now I have a full length’s worth of material, guitar, bass, drums, all finished and ready for any future bandmates to practice in-app. The addition of the 7-string was a HUGE game changer and the best thing they could have done.
If y’all aren’t already working on it, an eight string addition would be incredible, but if not, I will still use this app until the day I die. Congratulations, guys, this is the best money I’ve ever spent!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind review! Actually, 8 string guitar is already possible inside the app! It is only available for 'inter-app audio' or 'midi' instruments as Jam Maestro does not have the samples to cover a tuning range that far, a limitation not present for midi notes. To access 8 string guitar you need to add a new IAA or Midi instrument (pointing at a background app that has guitar sounds, for example Thumbjam is pretty good). If you click 'edit' on the instrument on the main screen you can scroll down and set a custom tuning for that instrument, here you will have the option to set it to an 8 string guitar. Hope this helps!
Close to perfect
There are lots of options and good sound quality. This is an effective and versatile tool for getting your ideas onto some sort of canvas.
Cons: steep learning curve, unintuitive interface, .gpx import is not supported. Seven string tabs unsupported. Lowest tuning supported is drop A#, but the app won't let you open tabs tuned lower than that. It should just automatically set the tab to drop A# if the tuning is too low rather than not display the tab at all.
To respond to dev response: it's not that I want to see lower tunings possible in your app (drop A# is low enough for me), but rather I would like to see tab files already tuned lower be automatically formatted to A# so I can actually view them. Currently, such tabs cannot be opened. I'm aware that gpx can be easily converted to gp5, but most tabs from UG for example are gpx, which means I cannot simply grab them using Safari and view them using only my iPad. These are both simple minor inconveniences which hold the app back from perfection. Thanks for the response, I love your app and I look forward to the next update!
Developer Response ,
Find me a way to understand how to import .gpx and I may consider it :) You can always export gpx files to gp5 before exporting. Criticism about importing lower than drop A# noted. (Seems no matter how low tuning I provide someone always wants lower!).
I like this app a lot
The interface is a bit clunky; it could be less busy and basically a bit cooler looking. As such, it is a bit intimidating to use. You look at the screen and its kind of overwhelming. But, its pretty easy to use once you get started and its definitely the kind of app that the more you spend time with it the better. I wish it was a bit easier to see how to Print and Share. The export function is a bit hard to figure out. Like what if I want to email the text or the PDF to someone? But I am glad I got it, and it is going to help me a lot in working on a song with a friend. Once the tab is in for the song we can play around with you we want the notes to be played. I tried to hand write out the tab and it was a nightmare so I am very glad I found this app.
- David Blake
- 302.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 by David Blake
- In-App Purchases
- Effects Pack 1 $1.99
- Bass: Blacklisted Soundpack
- Bass: Hazzard Soundpack
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.