Jam Maestro is a powerful music composition tool for musicians interested in making guitar-centric music.
In LITE version: Sequence 1x Guitar and 1x Drums in guitar tab/drum tab format, to a max of 4 bars. No save/open ability.
In FULL version: Sequence up to 16 instruments together, including Guitar, Bass and Drums, and compose songs in guitar/drum tab format. Midi sequence and play background apps in your compositions using the Midi and Inter-App Audio instrument types.
Easily construct harmonies and see the relationship between notes thanks to a unique interface. Instantly share tab ideas with friends and bandmates via Dropbox. Playback with highly realistic samples.
Full version features: (NOTE: Not available in the Lite version)
- 5 Instrument types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio.
- Inter-App Audio Host and Node support.
- Connect up to 4x Inter-App Audio Effects.
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo.
- Full Midi In/Out compatibility
- Midi Sequencing
- Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files
- Export/Import Midi files
- Export tab to PDF/TXT file.
- Create your own Drum Kits.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, including State Saving
- AudioCopy support.
- Ableton Link
This is the LITE Version of Jam Maestro, in which you get:
• 1x Guitar, Drums
• Standard Tuning
• 4 bar limit on the guitar tab sequencer
• No save/open ability
plus a few other limitations.
Upgrade to the FULL VERSION inside the app to get:
• Realistic sound, OVER 4000+ (painstakingly) recorded samples.
• Full guitar fretboard (22 frets).
• Palm muted equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
• Supports 6/7 string guitar, 4/5 string bass.
• Any custom guitar tuning in the range of Standard to Drop A possible. (In most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound.). Expanded range of tunings beyond this now available.
• One-touch Chords allow you to forget tricky finger position (+ define up to 25 of your own).
• Unique interface allows dynamic key changing as you play.
• Use guitar fretboard or drum pads as a midi controller to play background apps/midi devices.
• iPad version ‘Dual Mode’ allows you to play 2 instruments simultaneously, including 2 separate midi compatible apps/devices.
DRUM KIT CREATOR:
• Use own samples or background midi app sounds.
• Up to 20 pads, each which can be assigned with 2 sounds for cut off (eg. Open and Closed Hi-Hat).
• Drum Kits using local samples are fully Midi In compatible.
• Create Interfaces for background midi drum apps and sequence using internal sequencer.
• Easily import and export your custom drum kits and share with others.
SOUNDPACKS (* = available in Lite version)
All Soundpacks now come unlocked in the Full Version.
• Guitar: Acoustic*, Metalcore*, Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic lead.
• Bass: Studio Tone, Blacklisted, Hazzard.
• Drum: Metal Drums*, Rock Drums. Metal Drums Pro, Rock Drums Pro, Power Drums, Punk Drums, Vintage Drums, Jazz Drums, Vinyl Drums, Bongos, Drum Machine 808, Tabla, Industrial, Atmosphere, Percussion Kit, Timpani
• Guitar/Bass/Drum Tab Sequencer.
• Midi Sequencer
• Intuitive interface - program in notes just by touching them, rather than messing around with a numpad.
• Play in almost any time signature.
• Key analysis tools.
• Jam Mode means you can record all instruments to tab simultaneously as you jam over your backing instruments.
• Tempo/Repeat/Mixer/Panning Control.
• Save tabs in .jam format - export via iTunes or straight to Dropbox to share with friends/bandmates instantly.
• Export tabs as pdf/txt/midi/wav/m4a files.
Version 3.6 is here !
- Added native resolution support for iPhone 6, 7, 8.
- Added native resolution support for iPhone 6 Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus.
- Added native resolution support for iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max.
- Added native resolution support for iPad Pro 10.5", 11", 12.9".
- Tweaked graphics in various places.
- AUM compatibility improved. Now responds to AUM transport controls, stays in time, can connect individual tracks etc.
- Fixed bug preventing Inter-App Audio instruments and effects from loading on newer devices.
- Fixed bug that was breaking guitar effects on newer devices.
- Fixed bug where drums were not being loaded for Guitar Pro files.
- Fixed bug where the tutorial was crashing progressing through the tab screen.
- Fixed audio clipping sound that could occur when using Bass.
- Fixed custom chords not working properly when designed for bass
- Fixed grab cymbal button not working in Dual mode (iPad)
- Fixed pasting crash bug that could occur in certain circumstances.
- Fixed buzzing issue when creating a new session whilst audio is playing.
- Fixed audio glitch that could sound when playhead reaches the end of the last bar
- Updated to the latest Audiobus SDK (3.0.7).
Ratings and Reviews
Just buy it
I screwed around with the lite version for about 5 minutes before buying the full version. Sure it’s a bit of a trick, but the full version is absolutely worth a few bucks. There’s a learning curve. Tutorials are polished. It just works. Exceeds expectations. Does a lot more than I need it to do.
This app is worth every penny!
If you only received the Guitar fret board ... and the many types of guitars 🎸 this would be worth the $$$ But then the KILLER DRUMS... My, they sound amazing! The bass sounds this has... then to top it off you get the effects, And (if all that didn’t sell you yet) YOU CAN WRITE YOUR TAB, AND PLAY ***in real time***
5 THOUSAND stars
My only critique is that they should add the ability to apply swing/triplet/3 notes like how you are able to switch from 16th notes to 32nd notes. Other than that, this app is absolutely fantastic and it has taught me a lot about writing instrumentals.
- David Blake
- 302.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 by David Blake
- In-App Purchases
- Jam Maestro Full Version $7.99
- Effects Pack 1 $1.99
- Guitar: Epic Lead Soundpack Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.