Jam Maestro is a powerful music composition tool for musicians interested in making guitar-centric music.
In LITE version: Sequence 1x Guitar and 1x Drums in guitar tab/drum tab format, to a max of 4 bars. No save/open ability.
In FULL version: Sequence up to 16 instruments together, including Guitar, Bass and Drums, and compose songs in guitar/drum tab format. Midi sequence and play background apps in your compositions using the Midi and Inter-App Audio instrument types.
Easily construct harmonies and see the relationship between notes thanks to a unique interface. Instantly share tab ideas with friends and bandmates via Dropbox. Playback with highly realistic samples.
Full version features: (NOTE: Not available in the Lite version)
- 5 Instrument types: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Midi, Inter-App Audio.
- Inter-App Audio Host and Node support.
- Connect up to 4x Inter-App Audio Effects.
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo.
- Full Midi In/Out compatibility
- Midi Sequencing
- Import Guitar Pro 3-5 files
- Export/Import Midi files
- Export tab to PDF/TXT file.
- Create your own Drum Kits.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, including State Saving
- AudioCopy support.
- Ableton Link
This is the LITE Version of Jam Maestro, in which you get:
• 1x Guitar, Drums
• Standard Tuning
• 4 bar limit on the guitar tab sequencer
• No save/open ability
plus a few other limitations.
Upgrade to the FULL VERSION inside the app to get:
• Realistic sound, OVER 4000+ (painstakingly) recorded samples.
• Full guitar fretboard (24 frets).
• Palm muted equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
• Supports 6/7 string guitar, 4/5 string bass.
• Any custom guitar tuning in the range of Standard to Drop A possible. (In most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound.). Expanded range of tunings beyond this now available.
• One-touch Chords allow you to forget tricky finger position (+ define up to 25 of your own).
• Unique interface allows dynamic key changing as you play.
• Use guitar fretboard or drum pads as a midi controller to play background apps/midi devices.
• iPad version ‘Dual Mode’ allows you to play 2 instruments simultaneously, including 2 separate midi compatible apps/devices.
DRUM KIT CREATOR:
• Use own samples or background midi app sounds.
• Up to 20 pads, each which can be assigned with 2 sounds for cut off (eg. Open and Closed Hi-Hat).
• Drum Kits using local samples are fully Midi In compatible.
• Create Interfaces for background midi drum apps and sequence using internal sequencer.
• Easily import and export your custom drum kits and share with others.
SOUNDPACKS (* = available in Lite version)
All Soundpacks now come unlocked in the Full Version.
• Guitar: Acoustic*, Metalcore*, Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic lead.
• Bass: Studio Tone, Blacklisted, Hazzard.
• Drum: Metal Drums*, Rock Drums. Metal Drums Pro, Rock Drums Pro, Power Drums, Punk Drums, Vintage Drums, Jazz Drums, Vinyl Drums, Bongos, Drum Machine 808, Tabla, Industrial, Atmosphere, Percussion Kit, Timpani
• Guitar/Bass/Drum Tab Sequencer.
• Midi Sequencer
• Intuitive interface - program in notes just by touching them, rather than messing around with a numpad.
• Play in almost any time signature.
• Key analysis tools.
• Jam Mode means you can record all instruments to tab simultaneously as you jam over your backing instruments.
• Tempo/Repeat/Mixer/Panning Control.
• Save tabs in .jam format - export via iTunes or straight to Dropbox to share with friends/bandmates instantly.
• Export tabs as pdf/txt/midi/wav/m4a files.
Nothing too exciting this time - just some overdue bug fixes!
- Fixed crashed when exporting tab to wav/m4a file.
- Fixed bug where entering a note adjacent to a 'stop' notation could make it disappear or even crash the app
- Dragging the tab middle bar to the bottom now respects the safe area for swiping home.
- Fixed buggy scrolling on the chord buttons at the bottom of the tab screen
- Updated Dropbox to the latest SDK and fixed some problems
- Updated to the latest Audiobus SDK 3.0.12
- Improved iOS 14 compatibility.
- Other bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is soooooo good
Well worth the money to purchase the full version. I am still working on getting my playing up to par with the type of music I like to listen to, that being said because of that fact it’s always been hard for me to write anything without the accompanying instruments and also me as a player being lacking in the skill to play what I hear in my head. This app makes it so you can easily write out an entire song on every instrument in a very short period of time then you have the tabs to practice to and develop your skills learning to play. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to writ music and is still learning how to play at the same time!
Developer Response ,
Exactly how I use it!! 😃 Thanks for great the review!
Would be a lot better if you could buy the different packs separately instead of having to upgrade to the full version. Says in the in app purchases in the AppStore that there are available packs to buy and some are free but when you tap on them in the app, nope, it tells you that you have to get the full version. Makes no sense. It’s a nice app for helping you get that tune out of your head when your writing song lyrics. Instead of using your real guitar, you can bang out chords while you sing and scribble down lyrics. Which is nice because obviously an app is going to have effects and chords right there in seconds reach. Haven’t tried to construct a song with tab using the app so I don’t know about that. That’s probably the full version too. In short this lite version is good for you to just jam a tune during the song creation process. Or play an idea for a band mate while out, things like that. Very easy to play chords by tapping the buttons. Looking for anything other then that, bring your wallet.
Just buy it
I screwed around with the lite version for about 5 minutes before buying the full version. Sure it’s a bit of a trick, but the full version is absolutely worth a few bucks. There’s a learning curve. Tutorials are polished. It just works. Exceeds expectations. Does a lot more than I need it to do.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Blake
- 330 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 by David Blake
- In-App Purchases
- Jam Maestro Full Version $7.99
- Effects Pack 1 $1.99
- Guitar: Bright Clean Soundpack
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.