Make your violin playing easy!
If you play well along with the screen and accompaniment, the score will go up. If you do not, you will be able to remind you to fix the pitch and tempo. There are sheet music and accompaniments of various genres such as popular violin method books, classical songs as well as pop songs and OST arranged for violin. This app provides violin tuner for beginners, repeat section, speed control, and more to make it easy for anyone to practice.
■ Jameasy features
- Precise feedback on pitch, beat
- A number of musical scores for violin
- Features for beginners (finger number, bow direction guide)
- Provides speed adjustment in BPM units
- Repeat section for intensive practice
- Exercise and completeness check
1) The real time decision is made on the pitch and the beat, and it shows the results just like a rhythm game. When the pitch is wrong, the arrows will guide you to adjust the pitch. When the beat is wrong, it will tell you to speed up or down so that you can stay on the beat. You can feel the pleasure of playing together with the accompaniment even when practicing alone. Meet the Jameasy! It will always listen to your play and give feedback.
2) Jameasy contains many scores and sound sources for the violin. You can meet various contents such as famous violin method books, classical music, popular song and OST. See the difficulty label in each song and choose the best practice song for you. Songs that provide part scores can practice duets with friends.
3) For those who had difficulties reading the scores and memorizing the fingerings, you can choose the “show fingering” option to help your practice. If you focus too much on fingering, it is easy to miss the bowing. But you can perfect your performance by watching the bowing guide that Firefly tells you. In addition, the tuner of Jameasy not only tells you the pitch, but also right direction of turning pegs. With Jameasy, tuning violin is easy! And practice is fun!
4) You can control the play speed when you are not familiar with the music. With the Jameasy’s audio processing technology, even with changing the play speed of the accompaniment, the pitch will not change. During the plays, if you click on “view sheet” button, you can see the location of your mistakes.
You can select parts of the music to do repetitive practice. It will help you to improve your play in short amount of time. Practice thoroughly while checking your weakness.
5) It shows your practice time with a graph. It will make you feel proud after hearty practices. And it will help you to remind yourself to practice when you slack off. You can see at a glance how much you have practiced and where your weak point is. Once you have accumulated daily records, you can see how your skills have improved. Feel the accomplishment and interest by completing your own performances.
- Microphone (Record audio)
This permission is needed to listen to you playing violin and the app gives you real time feedback on your performances.
■ To play Jameasy, Wi-Fi or cellular data connection is needed.
■ Jameasy is the "free to play" game. Additional charge will occur when you purchase paid contents through In-app purchase. Paid contents might be withdrawn or restricted depending on the type of subscription.
- Fixed an issue where a current string is not indicated on a tuned string on Tuner.
- Changed Search to be case-insensitive.
- Minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, use the Bluetooth device, makes practice a game!
This is seriously the second review I’ve EVER written! I felt like I took a chance and I’m glad I did! I’m really happy with it and I’m excited for further updates and developments. So, Thank you! Your app is awesome! I really like the update, Its nice to favorite pieces then quickly be able to see just those songs. Plus I like that I can sort now by difficulty level. I wish I could have more than one player on the app so that my daughters could track their individual progress. At first I was annoyed that I had to keep buying coins to purchase the books and music I wanted. But I realized its no different than buying sheet music at the local shop. And I do prefer to just buy the pieces I want rather than pay for a monthly subscription like I’ve seen in Piano apps (so please don’t change that!)
I bought the little device thing and it works really well. Practically no delay and it is able to give me real time feed back on my tone as I play. It also makes it very easy for my daughters to actually tune the violin since they already have the thing attached to play the app and the tuner is built into the app.
Keep the music coming! I’m happy to continue buying coins to pay for the music as I would an online music store or even hard copies at the local music shop. I really like the selection of method books, classical pieces and even Christmas songs. I’m glad to see the album of Pop hits. I’d really like to see more Pop hits, or rock or movie themes, something easily recognizable. I think a great way to encourage more practice and use of the app would be to reward the player with coins to go toward purchase of more music. It could even be a trivial amount or maybe a discount coupon or something. Or maybe just a reward when a piece is passed off in concert mode.
I like the scales album, and thank you for making it free! I was also thinking about how to practice just random sight reading stuff. Like random notes to play or different timing patten drills, something like that.
I would love to be able to print the music so that I can practice with the jam easy app but take notes on the parts I need to work on like I would with my teacher. Or even have my teacher work with me on the pieces then I can use the app to incentivize me to practice and improve more. Maybe a PDF format or a similar print version. Especially if I had to purchase coins to buy the music, I feel like I should be able to have a hard copy like I would if I bought sheet music online.
Along those same lines, I love the accompaniment in the app, it makes practicing so much more fun. It would be nice if my teacher could see the accompaniment so that during practice, she could play it on her piano. (She refuses to use the app during our practice time...maybe she’s afraid it will replace her!)
Again, thanks for the great app, keep the updates and music coming!
Now my kids practice!
Disclaimer: I bought the Jameasy Plus wireless Bluetooth accessory that goes with this app and clips on the violin scroll or (in my case) should rest.
This app has gotten my kids to practice more violin in the last 2 weeks than in the whole previous year.
The accompaniment is great. The cheering audience for “performance mode” is great too.
Four issues which if resolved would make it even better:
1) Support changing audio output to Bluetooth or airplay speaker
2) Include better instructions on the bowing guide. I still find the bowing guide confusing.
3) Add support for duets and trios with multiple Jameasy Plus devices!
4) Add simple Piano accompaniments for exercises like Wolfhart, Schraedek and Sevcik. This makes practicing them less boring.
My kids don’t get to play Jameasy until after the rest of their practice, so they look forward to it every day.
Not worth it
I have downloaded this a couple of times trying to get it to do half of what the say it can do with no luck the tuner is ok and the practice song is just ok also but if you try to go past the first song the whole program loses up and you have to delete it to get anywhere. Also the instruction on how to use it are not included in the download. My advise keep looking for another app
- Jameasy Inc.
- 77.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Jameasy Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 500 Coins $9.99
- 50 Coins $0.99
- 200 Coins $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.