- Featured in Apple's staff favorites!
- Reviewed in Computer Music magazine and received a 9/10!
Jasuto is the worlds first (and most powerful) modular synthesizer for the iDevices.
Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the addition of a fully-featured sampler you can now record/resample/edit, and even create entirely new samples by drawing right in the app.
Jasuto uses the relative position of nodes and their connections to control the sound. So the scene not only represents the synthesis structure, but also a custom multi-touch control surface. Motion can be recorded per node giving you rich, flexible automation.
Connections can be created automatically by simply dragging nodes around, or manually. Each wire can be double-tapped to allow even more control of each connection.
Jasuto comes installed with 75+ modules as well as 200+ pre-loaded scenes and samples. Each of the modules have been hand-optimized for your device's CPU, allowing you to create extremely complex scenes.
- Anti-aliased oscillators with hard-sync, FM, PWM, PM
- Analog style filters (ap, lp, hp, bp, ladder emulation)
- Signal control (compressor, limiter, gate, follower)
- Zoomable sampler editor with several loop modes (normal, 1 shot, ping, granular)
- ADSR envelope editor
- Multipage/octave sequencer
- Tape style analog delay
- Reverb, phaser, several waveshapers
- Resample/record the current playback
- Audio copy via the pasteboard
- Incoming OSC and MIDI for notes and CC's
- Audiobus support (input, effect & output source)
- Completely compatible with iOS7
- Updated UI graphics
- Universal device and Retina support
- A shiny new manual
- Added background audio support
- Low latency audio (256 samples)
- Sample sharing through SoundCloud
- Dropbox syncing of samples/scenes
- High Fidelity (Hi-Fi) Audio
Fixed Aiff loading in scenes and browser.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly creative and fascinating modular synth
I'm using version 1.6 on iPhone 5s and IOS 8.3. It's a great synth app, very flexible and capable of creating a wide range of sounds and soundscapes. It gets 4 stars and not 5 due some glitches. First, in the File menu, there is no delete command, and the Delete button in the File Open screen doesn't actually delete the selected file. Second, in the Node Edit screen, double tapping the value field switches it to Num mode -- tapping it again to edit the value causes the app to crash. Finally, there is no way to enter or edit information about the file. The Information button doesn't work and for some reason the app automatically inserts descriptions from files that come with the app. I hope these issues get fixed.
Deep and intuitive
This is my favorite app right now. It's very fun to play with, but also seriously capable. I'm still sort of green when it comes to electronic music production and I still have a lot to learn, but using this app is helping me understand a lot of features of the other programs I've been using by having the same tools in an intuitive interface. It's also made some of my other apps a bit redundant, since I can basically create more tweakable versions of them within Jasuto. It's great wether trying to achieve something specific with meticulous detail, or just experimenting with the nodes to see what happens. I only wish I wasn't such a late comer, so I could have grabbed the VST version, which is apparently no longer available. Jasuto is wonderful. Get it.
Amazing modular synth updated to 64 bit!
I never write reviews, but I had express my joy and admiration to the Dev for updating to 64 bit!
Jasuto is one of the most powerful modular environments around (FFT analysis and spectral effects) but with an amazing design focused on the fact that this is running on a touchscreen platform. The distance between nodes affects their modulation strength, so you can "play" your scenes - and, even better, with motion recording, those modulations become complex LFOs.
No idea if the Dev will have time to add in modern features (Ableton Link, AUv3, etc.), but regardless, this is still amazingly capable after all these years (and with FFT and motion recording more capable than other, more recent, options) and well worth adding to the collection of any audio explorer.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Christopher Wolfe
- 53.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Christopher Wolfe. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.