Jayson is a simple yet powerful JSON viewer with Siri Shortcuts, Share Sheet Actions and URL schemes.
- Browse JSON files stored on your device.
- Toggle between viewing JSON in a table or as syntax highlighted text.
- Tabbed interface to quickly switch between two files or different objects in a single file.
- Use multiple splits to easily compare JSON objects in a single file or across multiple files.
- Parse text or the contents of a URL in your clipboard to JSON.
- Siri Shortcuts that parse JSON from a text or a link stored in your clipboard. The shortcuts can open the JSON in the app or preview it in an interactive notification.
- Share Sheet Actions for parsing JSON from plain text, loading JSON from a link and importing files as JSON.
- URL schemes for parsing a text, loading the contents of a link as JSON or parsing the contents of your clipboard.
- Store imported files locally, in iCloud or don't store them on disk at all.
- Short videos that help you get started with the app.
- Highlight a key from a child object of an array to quickly get an overview of the array.
Features that require the "Unlock Everything" in-app purchase:
- Switch between light and dark themes.
- Changing the visual appearance, including the app icon, accent color and type icons.
- Opening more than two tabs.
- New: Enabling the new “Compact JSON” setting for the plain text view, will show reduce the number of lines and the amount of indentation used when displaying the JSON as plain text.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where decimal numbers were sometimes displayed with an incorrect value.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where dictionary keys weren’t correctly escaped.
Ratings and Reviews
Using the heck out of this
I’ve been using the heck out of this lately so decided to go for the paid version even though I don’t particularly need the extra features. This app has saved me a ton of time. It’s great looking through the JSON on my iPad while coding on my MBP.
Great JSON Viewer, but would be better with editing capability
It would be nice to have editing capabilities in Jayson because the app is a beautiful way of visualizing JSON and the navigation makes it easy to traverse files, so it would definitely do a lot with editing.
Super helpful, great value
The shortcuts support and url scheme is especially helpful. Can't recommend enough.
Hopefully the developer will also write a JSON editor in future.
- Simon Stovring
- 19.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.