Cleared for Take-off!
Jazz Software’s Weight and Balance makes balancing your aircraft a breeze. See how we can help you save time and get into the air faster.
Designed by software engineers with a passion for aviation to help pilots get into the air faster by making aircraft weight and balances a simple, fast, and fun experience.
Jazz W+B is the ONLY app available that meticulously supports multiple fuel tanks. You can transfer fuel between fuel tanks and burn from specific tanks with our intuitive flight UI.
• Multiple fuel stations.
• Custom "fuel burn profiles" (supports fuel transfers AND fuel burns from specific tanks)
• Custom fuel & oil types (per aircraft) with user editable weights
• Enter fuel usage by volume, time or weight.
• Sync your aircraft and flights between all your devices
• Creating and Saving multiple aircraft
• Creating and Saving multiple load scenarios (flights)
• Supports arm and moment POHs
• Supports normal, utility and aerobatic envelopes
• Displays max weights and alerts
• Displays detailed loading summary
• Supports custom fuel weights
• Supports AirPrinting and emailing of weight and balance calculations and graph
• Metric and US measurement support
• Variable fuel arm table
• Supports offline use
• Aircraft templates to save you time
• Fleets of aircraft for flight academies, flying clubs, part 135 ops, and FBO's
Video Tutorials are available on the website to help you fly through the app with ease.
• Arm and Weight
• Arm and Moment/1000
Resolves a graph drawing issue on iOS 12.x.
Ratings and Reviews
The account creation and login do not work. No conformation email. Login attempts time out.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you encountered this issue. We were having some server issues, which we believe have been resolved. Please try again and let us know if things are not working for you.
I really like this app. It is really easy to set up aircraft profiles and run calculations. The cloud syncing is also a great feature, which makes it easy to sync aircraft profiles between my iPad and iPhone as my primary and backup electronic flight bag. The app also includes useful features such as the ability to set up baggage compartment individual and combined limits, adjustable fuel burn order between different tanks, and variable fuel moment arms.
I bought this app to replace a different, aging weight and balance app that wasn't kept up to date by its makers. I shopped around and bought this app because the developer's website looks professional, other users gave it positive reviews, and it has received recent updates.
The only additional feature I wish this app had would be an error message if maximum landing weight (MLW) will be exceeded due to insufficient fuel burn. You can set a maximum landing weight if your aircraft has one, input an enroute fuel burn, and see the calculated landing weight. However--although the app warns you of any other type of error I can think of--no error message is generated if you will exceed MLW. I suggested this feature to the developers, and I received a reply within hours stating that they liked the idea and would look into it, so they seem very responsive.
Makes my job easier
Being a CFII and doing the occasional intro flight is common in my profession. And people don't always tell the receptionist that they are bringing two additional people with them on the flight. So having this tool to quickly punch in the numbers and get an accurate and easy to read display of whether the aircraft is within CG or not, is very helpful. I would recommend this to any full time pilot.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.