With over 300 professional, royalty-free backing tracks performed by 21 of the world’s finest musicians, Jazz300 is the ultimate play along for musicians of all levels built on the very latest mobile audio tech. And NOW following a major update, you can mute ANY main instrument in ANY of the tracks.
Play along to 326 stunning tracks from the world’s most coveted artists including: 12-time GRAMMY® nominee Kirk Whalum (Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross); 7-time Billboard #1 Chris Standring; jazz impresario Jason Rebello (Sting, Jeff Beck) and drum legends Chris Coleman (Babyface, Prince) and Ralph Salmins (Burt Bacharach, Paul McCartney).
Jazz300’s unique content spans jazz, blues, soul, funk and pop, and there’s a powerful search function so you can easily find the kind of music you’re looking for.
Change key on the fly. Speed up or slow down the music seamlessly and in real-time.
Animated chord charts and full screen chord diagrams for Piano, Guitar and Ukulele cover every track and help you learn how to play new chords and improve your skills.
Loop sections of music and slow them right down for practice.
Add the tracks you like best to ‘Favourites’ and create multiple ‘Playlists’ and set the order you want them to autoplay.
Plus, all the content in Jazz300 is royalty-free so you can play it anywhere and use elements of any of the tracks in your own music (commercially or otherwise) with just a few legal restrictions.
Export any track quickly and easily as a stereo audio file. Or get the full multitrack version delivered to you as a GarageBand project with the musical parts separated - great if you want to remix a track, add your own instruments or develop it further (requires a low-cost in-app purchase).
Jazz300 - ultimate play along for musicians of all abilities.
Listen to samples at www.jazz300.com
PLEASE NOTE - JAZZ300 IS A PLAY ALONG APP EMPLOYING THE VERY LATEST MOBILE AUDIO TECH FEATURES FOR A GREAT PLAY ALONG EXPERIENCE … BUT YOU CANNOT EDIT THE CHORD SEQUENCES IN JAZZ300 AS YOU CAN WITH THE APPS IN OUR SESSIONBAND RANGE.
Summary of key features:
• 326 jazz, blues, soul, funk and pop tracks
• 201 of the tracks are jazz standards
• Real-time key adjustment (+/- 8 semitones)
• Real-time adjustment of tempo in BPM increments (+/- 75%)
• Loop any section of the track
• Mute any main instrument in any track via Settings/Track Configuration
• 1 or 2-bar ‘count-in’ via metronome or silent animation
• Transposition for Bb and Eb instruments
• Full screen animated chord diagrams show the current chord plus (up to) the next 4 chords
• Export tracks either as stereo audio file (m4a) included, or as multitrack (separated parts) via in-app purchase
Musicians featured on Jazz300:
Drums and Percussion
• Ralph Salmins (Elton John, James Brown...)
• Chris Coleman (Christina Aguilera, Kings of Leon…)
• Jack Pollitt (Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran…)
• Sebastiaan de Krom (Herbie Hancock, John Scofield…)
• Geoff Dugmore (Rod Stewart, Jimmy Page…)
• Jeremy Stacey (Noel Gallagher, Eric Clapton…)
• Simon Lea (Dionne Warwick, Katie Melua…)
• Danny Cummings (Elton John, Bryan Adams…)
• Chris Standring (7-time Billboard #1 as a solo artist)
• Adam Goldsmith (Brian May, Meat Loaf…)
• Tommy Emmerton (Quincy Jones, Al Jarreau…)
• Christian Marsac (Terence Trent D'Arby, Alison Moyet…)
Piano and Keyboard
• Jason Rebello (Sting, Jeff Beck, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins...)
• Tom Cawley (Andrea Bocelli, Charlie Watts...)
Trumpet and Flugelhorn
• Martin Shaw (Sting, Jamiroquai…)
Saxophone and Flute
• Kirk Whalum (Barbara Streisand, Al Jarreau...)
• Dave O'Higgins (Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra...)
• Patrick Clahar (Bill Bruford's Earthworks, Stevie Wonder…)
• Andy Panayi (Freddie Hubbard, Wynton Marsalis...)
• Chuck Morgan (William Galison, Bobby Shew…)
• Geoff Gascoyne (Jamie Cullum, Sting...)
Fixed a small bug that prevented people from exporting alternative track versions to m4a.
Ratings and Reviews
Admittedly, this app will be more useful when specific instruments can be removed, but there are several apps in IOS that create much more interesting backing tracks. To say these tracks are bland is an understatement. What makes the Session Band apps so great is the ability to create musical ideas, and then superimpose those ideas across a variety of feels- including writing out standards with chord substitutes , muting different instruments and control over drum tracks and fills. The newer “soul Jazz Funk” apps are amazing. In fact, I’ve purchased every single Session band app this company has put out over many years. My assumption (based on a quick read through) was these fine musicians were now creating entire professional backing tracks, when, in fact, they’re the same loops used in the Session Band apps- resulting in repetitive and boring comps to a relatively small amount of tunes compared to iReal and MTHP. The 99 cents surcharge Per Song to then export these bland tracks in WAV form to a DAW is rather cheeky as well. I respect this company, and I’ve supported them for years, but I wish I hadn’t spent the 15 bucks on this one.
Not for creative juices.
Sounds good though. As a songwriter/producer this is not what I expected. Would be great if the session band apps the same GUI.
Okay…as a long time SessionBand user I was going to try to nit pick at the loss of the endless song-level repeat feature and loss of the old of built-in mixer and lack of melody charts…until I actually tried using the included new-fangled section-level repeat feature live. All nit picks were suddenly stripped away, followed by a WHAATT!? This 404A type of instant off-the-cuff jamming is SOOOO modern and DJ like that it makes this my new solo-gig go-to app for just jamming out or for serious at home chord progression woodshedding galore! Thanks for providing a 21st century vision for jazzers that are also aware of uses for the loopers and 404A type devices.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UK Music Apps Ltd
- 1.5 GB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 UK Music Apps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock separated parts $0.99